Hughesnet / internet service

1 Louisburg, NC, United States Review updated:

While with them I had to call in multiple times because I was not able to do everything the sales rep who sold me the service said I could. They also sold me and inappropriate modem when installing the service and wanted me to purchase another one to help with some of my issues. Kept upgrading and upgrading, But I was still unable to do normal things like view YouTube videos or upload any videos which I told them was part of my business and I needed to be able to do. Never was able to speak to someone in the US, always had to struggle with understanding someone from another country. I moved addresses and wanted to cancel service but was talked into going ahead and moving with them and if things didn't work out they would not consider it a brand new contract after the move but would be able to cancel at any time. After the move and about 30 to 60 days I called to cancel and they would not cancel me without a $400 buyout because they said my contract automatically renewed when I moved. So I paid the $400 and they were supposed to send me a box for the satellite dish part to mail in and I never received the box. So I called and they had sent the box to my old address! Unbelievable! So they were supposed to send me another box and I never received it. Looked on my account and they had taken out an additional nearly $400 I assume for the part. This is criminal! I want to file a lawsuit but need a good attorney that has experience with Hughesnet.

• Updated by HughesScammed, Aug 08, 2017

Called customer service and they had sent the box AGAIN to the old address. The one HUGHES moved me FROM! You would think you guys would have my new address since you scammed me into continuing my service at the new address on the FALSE pretense that my contract would not renew and I would be able to cancel it if you still could not satisfy my needs. So here is the process. I gave a new address to send yet ANOTHER box. Have to wait 3-5 days to get it, put equip in it and PAY to send it back to you UPS. WAIT 3-5 more business days and call to see if you got it. IF you have received it by then, you will process my refund. This is still so WRONG!!! I am not happy about this at all. You guys lied about the automatic renewal, I was FORCED to pay $400 to get out of the new contract and then you added insult to injury when you took $320 MORE out of my account without contacting me and I will persue legal action if something is not done to refund that money immediately. Reference #105467752

Hu
Aug 7, 2017

Comments

• As
      7th of Aug, 2017

HughesScammed,
    We are sorry about the confusion and the billing for the parts. We would like to work with you to resolve this. Please come here and leave a case# so that we can confirm your information and contact you.

–Andrew from HughesNet