Hughesnet / dealing with hughesnet was a huge mistake!
We had decided to go with this company boy was this a mistake! We have had the service for about 8 or 9 months and it has been nothing but a hassle. First off they contract a company to set up the equipment and I guess the company had a couple jobs to do that day and screwed up when they put in the equipment it was under another persons name. We have tried to the rectify the problem and thought we did... 5 months down the line we have problems getting online it seems as though this account is under this other persons name... we will just call him "Arthur" but we are getting billed. The same contractors were called out to fix the problem (it took 2 months to get back online!) We had service again and everything seemed to be fine. April 9th we received an invoice stating that we owed 591.91 by 5/2... I WAS PISSED! So I called and inquired about the invoice, they said that in Feb. I had canceled my account that was the charges... commitment termination and hardware fee WHATEVER! so anyways, when you call they ask for you acct# and I gave them the one on the invoice in front of my face and needless to say I was on the phone for over 2 hours talked to 4 different people and what I yes I figured out was that this acct# belonged to "Arthur" but got sent to my address and was in my name don't know why and that on the service page of the Hughesnet site thing my serial # to the modem and my account # were different from the account # on the statement they have this all cluster[censored]ed! I told them that since opening an account with them it has been nothing but an inconvenience... they don't care and it's still not resolved the last 2 times I was on hold forever it seemed and then afterwards they say you'll be contact within 24 to 48 hrs... I have 3 case #'s and a wasted day. NO PROBLEM RESOLVED and still very unhappy, thanks Hughesnet!
More Hughesnet Complaints & Reviews
- Hughesnet - corporate office contacts 
- Hughesnet - 2-year contract?? 
- Hughesnet.com - hughesnet make me feel used and abused! 
- Hughesnet - terrible service! lies and more lies! 
- Hughesnet - fap's "fair access policy" is a fraud! 
- Hughes Network Systems - cancellation fees
- Hughes Network Systems - everything from billing to service and everything in between
- Hughes Network Systems - wifi service
- Hughes Network Systems - internet and phone
- Hughes Network Systems - purchase information