Hughesnet / no upgrade notice! hughes.net management sucks!
Since hughes bought direcway my download speeds have fluctuated between good (1,000 + KBPS) to "worse than dial-up"(6 KBPS).
Recently, technical support (a 1+hour adventure every time) seems to indicate that the only solution to my problem is to upgrade my modem. Fair enough - except that "Why do I have to suffer ### performance" for 6 moths before I am told the only resolution to my problem is that I need to upgrade?
Why did they not tell me a year ago (+/-) that the modem I am using its going to be "end-of-lifed" soon. Instead, after ### performance for 6 months, multiple calls to technical support they let a service technician tell me that the only what to get promised performance is to upgrade my modem.
Bottom-line is hughesnet management sucks. The minute that ANY other high speed service is available in my area I will switch. Verizon is about to offer DSL to my area. All I have to say is good bye hughesnet - hello Verizon!
More Hughesnet Complaints & Reviews
- Hughesnet - corporate office contacts 
- Hughesnet - 2-year contract?? 
- HughesNet.com - hughesnet make me feel used and abused! 
- Hughesnet - terrible service! lies and more lies! 
- Hughesnet - fap's "fair access policy" is a fraud! 
- Hughes Network Systems - internet
- Hughes Network Systems - wifi service
- Hughes Network Systems - service and slow speed
- HughesNet.com - internet & customer service
- Hughes Network Systems - cancellation fees