HughesNet / unable to alter dns entries

http://customercare.myhughesnet.com/phone.html indicates [protected] as technical support help line.

This is the only number given to customers both residential and commercial.

[protected] option 3 gets a customer in contact with an outsourced call center where all "technicians" have heavy Hindu accent that "check their resources if you have any technical questions"

The chat routine at http://customercare.myhughesnet.com/frm_chat_support.cfm gets customers in contact with the same outsourced call center support team with chats that look like this:

[Dec 1 2006 8:35:45 PM] Welcome to our chat customer support .
[Dec 1 2006 8:35:48 PM] William, you have been connected to Kate William (Dec 1 2006 8:36:02 PM): hi Kate (Dec 1 2006 8:36:00 PM): William, thank you for contacting HughesNet Technical Support. My name is Kate and I appreciate the opportunity to assist you. Before we go ahead with this conversation, I would like to inform you in case we get disconnected, please connect to the chat session again immediately through http://customercare.myhughesnet.com
Kate (Dec 1 2006 8:36:17 PM): Hi William, how are you doing today?
William (Dec 1 2006 8:36:44 PM): great just got a new domain name and need to have a PTR record setup on your DNS servers Kate(Dec 1 2006 8:38:14 PM): Please give me a moment.
Kate (Dec 1 2006 8:40:41 PM): Is it ok if I keep this chat session on hold for two minutes so that I can check resources?
William (Dec 1 2006 8:41:32 PM): sure i understand that this is for residential tier1 support... but i was never given a business support telephone #
William (Dec 1 2006 8:46:09 PM): oh and here is a link to how my domain is pointing from the registrar http://www.dnsstuff.com/tools/lookup.ch?name=hollygarth.net&type=ALL
Kate (Dec 1 2006 8:47:53 PM): William, may I know which plan you are in?
Kate (Dec 1 2006 8:50:08 PM): I am waiting for your reply.
William (Dec 1 2006 8:50:23 PM): pro plus
William (Dec 1 2006 8:50:43 PM): with static ip Kate(Dec 1 2006 8:51:44 PM): Could you elaborate your issue so that I can give you perfect resolution.
William (Dec 1 2006 8:52:18 PM): a new domain name and need to have a PTR record setup on your DNS servers.
Kate (Dec 1 2006 8:58:10 PM): I would request you to call as they will be in a better position to assist you.
Kate (Dec 1 2006 8:58:19 PM): I apologize for the inconvenience this issue may have caused.
William (Dec 1 2006 8:59:07 PM): is there a direct line to the business support group i do not want to have to go thru tier 1 again Kate (Dec 1 2006 9:00:00 PM): You need to call Phone support : [protected].
William (Dec 1 2006 9:00:37 PM): bye

Email support also apparently connects customers to the same outsource group and refers customer to the call number. Example in point...

From: donotreply@hughes.net [mailto:donotreply@hughes.net]
Sent: Saturday, December 02, 2006 9:43 PM
To: roganlors@hughes.net
Subject: Hughesnet Resolution

Dear William,

Thank you for contacting HughesNet Technical Support. We appreciate the opportunity to assist you. William, please accept my apologies for the difficulties you are experiencing.

William, I would suggest you to give us a call on [protected] so that we can update you about this issue.

William, we have escalated this issue to our engineers and we are looking forward for their response. However, I would suggest you to give us a call, if we feel that there is a need then we will transfer your call to our Advanced Technical Support (Tier 3).

Your case ID for this issue is 10803330

Kind Regards,
HughesNet Technical Support
For further assistance, we are available 24/7 and you can contact us through the following:
Phone support: [protected] (Technical Support).
Chat support and Email support: www.myhughesnet.com/customercare
For future Web service and support assistance, as well as finding the latest drivers and updates, please visit our support website at http://customercare.myhughesnet.com/
The HughesNet Technical Support team is pleased to provide you with technical support. We look forward to serving you in the future.
Once again thank you for contacting HughesNet Technical Support.

----------- Original Message ---------------

Inquiry Reg : Web Setup
SiteID : 38fa2c02
Previous CaseID : 10799720
Current CaseID : 10803330
Problem Statement : COMMENTS=upon calling [protected] and talking to supervisor carrey? He informed me that it is impossible for the company Hughes.net to setup a PTR record for me. If this is the case then having any type of business with your company is useless. Since all i have talked to in this matter are tier 1 support specialist and supervisors I am requesting this be escalated to engineering and request a reply within 5 business days. I would like a detailed explanation as to WHY your company cannot enter a reverse DNS entry that points to hollygarth.net C:Documents and Settings
oganlors>nslookup Default Server: [protected].charter.com Address: > hollygarth.net Server: [protected].charter.com Address: Name: hollygarth.net Address: > Server: [protected].charter.com Address: Name: host[protected].hns-noc-rev-lu.com Address: 72!
.168.183.70 http://www.dnsstuff.com/tools/lookup.ch?name=hollygarth.net

For any hughes.net employees this is case# 10799720, 10801081, and 10803330

Getting in contact with anyone at Hughes.net to perform any high level technical support is virtually impossible and requires the tenacity of a pit bull at the that of it's prey. When one does get in contact with this higher level technical support the only support that they can give you is with the hardware that you purchased for $600-$1000 US.

The "Level 3" technician I finally got in contact with informed me that the network topology used by satellites was a static "image" of current DNS entries and changing the DNS entries for static ip addresses was impossible and could not be performed.

A  8th of Jun, 2007 by
Hello, I have Hughes.net also and I have no earthly idea how old this chat is, but I not the richest guy in the world and Hughes.net tells me that I can only download 200 MB between the hours of 6 pm to 3 am but between the hours of 3 am to 6 am i can download as much as I desire. In short, I was wondering if you knew something: can I use torrents to download things with Hughes.net?
A  22nd of Sep, 2007 by
I try to many times to get in and delete my email address because i am getting to must junk mail, i like to delete my email address and set up a net one, but it want let me in. Can someone help me with this?

larry cutler