Hughesnet / poor customer service!
We had Hughes for about 7 years (started as Direcway). They SUCK! First of all, anytime you have a problem, you get stuck talking to someone in GOD KNOWS WHERE, who doesn't speak English and can not understand what you say! And the FAP, don't get me started. No one could EVER give me an answer about how this is calculated. We would be working away and then all of a sudden, without warning, you basically don't have any internet service, and it STAYS that way for 24 hours. They would show that we had been downloading megga items when our computers were turned off!!! Then they would cut us off for 24 hours, and there was nothing we could do about it. And we had the professional version! We then found out, that we had been paying $10 more per month for a lesser version, that we should have only been paying $79.99 for, but we had been paying $89.99 for years! So we went with Wildblue through AT&T, and so far, so good. But Hughes seems to have a hard time canceling our service. They keep taking the money each month, saying we have to call again to cancel the service. Stay away from these people. They want to take you for every cent, and then the people who don't speak English will write on your file that they "told you this" or "told you that" when they didn't, for the most part, all you get out of these people is "I'm sorry you're having a problem". You can't get any real answers, you can't even get people (including supervisors) that speak the English language well enough to understand you and you understand them. If you want internet service that runs hassle free... DON'T CHOSE HUGHES!
More Hughesnet Complaints & Reviews
- Hughesnet - corporate office contacts 
- Hughesnet - 2-year contract?? 
- HughesNet.com - hughesnet make me feel used and abused! 
- Hughesnet - terrible service! lies and more lies! 
- Hughesnet - fap's "fair access policy" is a fraud! 
- HughesNet.com - internet & customer service
- Hughes Network Systems - cancellation fees
- Hughes Network Systems - everything from billing to service and everything in between
- Hughes Network Systems - wifi service
- Hughes Network Systems - internet and phone