Hughesnet / fraudulent company
When we decided to move to the country, it took us nearly a month to find an Internet Service Provider who could help us. If you are outside the city limits, and surrounded by trees, you soon find that there are very few options other then satellite. We were assured by HughesNet that although there might be interruptions for weather, our speeds and downloads would be up to DSL capacity. After paying nearly $1, 000 to get hooked up (equipment and installation charges) we soon found out that there were some 'missing pieces' they left out of the sales pitch!!
The company uses Fair Access Policy act to limit the amount of download you can receive over a 24 hour period. We've never experienced the performance demonstrated in the commercials. Additionally, the service has gotten worse and worse until we have decided to just go get wireless cards.
I can't understand why the FCC or some other government agency doesn't come in and require that they tell the truth about their service. Sure, tell people 'if you live in a remote place - we are it!', but don't act like the speed will be the same as normal service.
Calling their Customer Service line gets you someone located in India at a call center. I feel badly for these people, as they probably have no idea what we are comparing our experiences to. They also have no power to issue credits or to fix anything. I've gotten through to someone in the U.S a couple of times, but only after waiting a week for a call back. It's amazing how they can get away with this!
If you are in the county and need service, go get a wireless card!
More Hughesnet Complaints & Reviews
- Hughesnet - corporate office contacts 
- Hughesnet - 2-year contract?? 
- Hughesnet.com - hughesnet make me feel used and abused! 
- Hughesnet - terrible service! lies and more lies! 
- Hughesnet - fap's "fair access policy" is a fraud! 
- Hughesnet - internet
- Hughes Network Systems - gen 5
- Hughes Network Systems - service
- Hughesnet - be warned before signing up with hughesnet
- Hughes Network Systems - poor performance of internet service since 2/2018 installation.