Hughesnet / horrible service 1 out of 10

hughes net is by far the worst possible internet service below is a few reasons to say no to hughes nets horrible service

1.over double priced some what tripled compared to some high speed internet
2.limited amount of use witch can be used quickly
3.support is freakin horrible cant understand them all foreign people i guess plus they know nothing about the damn system they sell i knew more then the people supposedly tryin to help with stupid questions that had nothing to do with the problem
4.no online game playing on xbox or ps3 at all
5.no video streaming cant even use netflix streaming video uses bandwith quicky
6.once you hit the very limited amount you are slowed down to worser then dial up speeds my dial is actualy better when its like that
7. 2 year contract with horrible prices for equipment
8. cant even keep your windows up to date if its a big file you cant download during the day just plain stupid
the are plenty more problems and bad things about hughesnet id just have to think about them bottomline if you have a choice avoid them they will brutally rape you big time the only reason i have it is untill cingular 3g or my phone company puts dsl here its not to far away cant wait till the day so i can call hughesnet and tell them to stick there crumby a** service up there a** the main trigger is the fair access policy garbage i mean dont get me wrong there high prices are horrible but i believe it would help lot even if it was unlimited i mean if there gonna rip you off on prices atleast be unlmited and i wouldn feel so raped

Comments

• Op
      19th of Jan, 2009

I also live in an area where you can't get fast internet service. I almost subscribed to hughesnet until I searched complaints.

I have a Verizion USB card for a laptop and was told by the sales guy it will also work on a desktop computer. It is the UM175 USB Modem. I guess it runs on their 3G network and let me tell you it is FAST!!! It works GREAT!!! You can watch video's online with no buffering.
    It plugs into a USB port on your computer.
    I am no longer stuck with slow internet and I can't tell you how pleased I am with the service and how FAST this product is!!!

My suggestion for anyone who is stuck with dial up and are looking for options for faster internet is to look into this type of aircard or sometimes called a datacard. Check with Verizion or Sprint for products and service in your area.

If you can get pretty good cell phone reception in your area this type of card should work.

Hope this helps.

• In
      1st of Feb, 2009

I'm an ex-subscriber of HughesNet that recently canceled due to the overpriced, overhyped, and subpar service of the Pro-level package. Though I was paying $80/mo I still hit the FAP limit on a regular basis, my service being shut down for days on end for making legal downloads. So I switched back to the ultra-cheap and slow but reliable dialup service that is truly unlimited until DSL becomes available. I have no plans of re-upping my service with HughesNet unless they get rid of the FAP, and I hope it gets banned as per the act of "Net Neutrality" that was already won against Comcast.

• Me
      23rd of Feb, 2009

dtvhacker: (or script kiddie)

Would love to know what you know about rape, probably nothing. You shouldn't talk about things you don't know about as if you do, makes you look like an idiot.

If you care to email me, I'll tell you what it's like. It's worse than you can possibly imagine.

I'd also like to know what is wrong with "foreign" people, you racist ###.

No support for Xbox or PS3? Awww...poor baby. You should really be paying attention in school instead of gaming anyway. Your spelling and grammar are horrendous.
    (that means really really bad.)

What exactly is "bandwith" (Here's a free spelling lesson for you, it's spelled bandwidth, you ###.)

If you have to download files that are too large for downloading during normal times, get a download manger and set it to run between 3 and 6 am, the FAP is not in effect then.
    Or you can code your own, since you claim to be a hacker. Which is total ###, and you and I both know that. But whatever.

It's unfortunate that you couldn't spend some time doing some research into how HughesNet works. If you did, you wouldn't have had to come on here making bigoted comments, and crying about how much you think it sucks.

Grow up, would you?

• Me
      23rd of Feb, 2009

Continuation of above post by me.

Ok, you spelled bandwidth right, your spelling and grammar are still horrendous.

Geez man, try harder, would you?

And stop being so xenophobic, it isn't healthy.

• Dt
      23rd of Feb, 2009

melly j you did not even spell right i did not claim to be anything and yes foreign workers no one understands sucks americans want english they can understand so stop ### and kiss my a** you had no right to post here you tard it did not concern anything you talked about were talking about internet not rape or foreigners get a life

• Li
      13th of Mar, 2009

Shouldn't the satellite internet providers have to disclose the daily limit of downloads you can access? (FAP - Fair Access Policy) Nowhere in their advertisement is this stated. They lead you to believe that you will have the same service as dsl or cable or even dial up. I was not aware of the "fair access policy" until I kept being shut down after downloading some music (legally) and watching a few videos on you tube. This is the worst! Paying top dollar for this service and only really being able to check email and look up a limited amount of stuff. This is okay for 1995 but not for 2009.
    Another thing I don't understand: It's going through the sky. It seems that that should be unlimited? The sky's the limit?

• Go
      3rd of Aug, 2009

Well i just signed up and got Hughes and i tell ya now its the worst crap i have ever had. They never once said to me anything about the Fair Access Policy till my computer slowed down and i called them. Then it took me 15 minutes to understand what that guy was saying cause he wasnt from the good ole USA.
    After we talked he lifted the banned and said it can only be done ones and i turned my computer off after that and didnt get back on till the next day and about 20 minute after i was on it went slow i checked it and dam and behold it was there again. So now u can say me and Hughes are in a Cage Match

• Ba
      5th of Sep, 2009

i also have that trouble. i knew about the fap but didn't figure i would exceed the limit in one day and not even being on my computer i think i'am going to drop them now cause i can't even get on my computer had to disconnect it and go back to dial up to do anything they also told me that if i did go over i would still be able to use my computer like dial up but i couldn't do anything at all not even pull up my aol which i've got to say is better than hughes net