Hughes Network Systems / disconnection and charges

on 8/8/18 I contacted Hughes Net to let them know that my internet was not working, I was not able to stream even YouTube and they did some technical support to see if they could fix it; they asked me to try it for a few weeks and call back if there was still an issue. On 9/4 I called back again as I was having the same issues and the tech on the phone tried some tech support again to fix the issue. Both phone calls on 8/4 and 9/4 the tech told me everything was working and I had to resolution. On 9/4 when I spoke to the tech/csr I was told to try it for a few more weeks; at this time I asked if I was getting the same results if I could cancel my contract with no fees; I was told by the tech/csr that if the issue did not resolve that I could call back and cancel my contract without any fees and return my equipment. When I called today 10/3/18 the csr/tech asked me to go through all the testing again after I explained that I was just calling to cancel service and that I was told I would not be changed a termination fee. The csr/tech made me go through the 'testing' and would not cancel or credit me as he stated that 'was a solution' and that because of this 'solution' I would be charged a termination fee. This solution was to have a tech come to my home and replace equipment which should have been offered to me the first two times I called but was not. This call today was to cancel my service; after speaking with the csr/tech I also spoke to a supervisor named Pito who canceled my service and is sending me a box to ship the items back but would not waive my termination fee; nor did he take payment for the balance of the current bill of $61.55.

I want the termination fee of $400.00 waived as I feel that I did what I was asked, though I wanted to disconnect on 9/4. Had they canceled my subscription on 9/4 I would have fallen within your terms and conditions and not been charged (though I was promised I would not be).

HughesNet Service Terms and Conditions

LEGAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR CUSTOMERS WHO SUBSCRIBED TO HUGHESNET BETWEEN 03-15-10 AND 09-01-14

The following terms and conditions are valid for residential HughesNet services activated between March 15, 2010 and September 1, 2014

General Terms

HughesNet® service is available in the contiguous U.S. with an unobstructed view of the southern sky, and its usage is subject to the Fair Access Policy. Actual speeds vary based on the amount of traffic on the Internet, content on a particular Website, or by the overall performance and configuration of your computer. Stated speeds and uninterrupted use of service are not guaranteed. Actual speeds will likely be lower than speed indicated during peak hours.

Listed speeds are available only through Hughes' newest satellite. The majority of subscribers will have access to these faster speeds. However, approximately 3% of customer locations will have trees or other obstacles that block the signal from the satellite to the home. For these customers, Hughes can offer slightly slower Internet access via another satellite with download speeds up to 700 Kbps, 1.0 Mbps, and 1.5 Mbps; and upload speeds up to 128 Kbps, 200 Kbps, and 200 Kbps for Home, Pro, and ProPlus service plans, respectively.

Professional installation is required. Monthly service fees apply. Sales, use, and personal property taxes are related surcharges and are not included.

Equipment:

You specifically agree that any Equipment provided to you may be new or refurbished as new. Any refurbished Equipment will have the same warranty as new Equipment. If you purchase your Equipment from Hughes, and the Equipment installed at your location is refurbished, in consideration of our provision of such refurbished Equipment, we will provide you with a $25 credit on your first Service invoice.

If you lease Equipment from Hughes, the modem, power supply, and radio (outdoor transmitter) remain the property of Hughes and shall not be deemed fixtures or part of your realty. You shall have no right to pledge, sell, mortgage, otherwise encumber, give away, remove, relocate, alter or tamper with the Equipment (or any notice of our ownership thereon) at any time. Any reinstallation, return, or change in the location of the Equipment shall be performed by us at our service rates in effect at the time of such service. You are responsible for preventing the loss or destruction of leased Equipment and we recommend that your Equipment be covered by your homeowner's, renter's or other insurance policy.

Service Commitment:

HughesNet Service Plans require a minimum service commitment of 24 months. If you terminate service prior to the expiration of the commitment, you will owe and, your credit or debit card will be charged, the Early Termination Fees and/or Unreturned Equipment Fees as described below.

Early Termination: Purchase Option (equipment and standard installation purchased upfront)

If you cancel your order before installation, you will not be charged.

If you cancel within 30 days of activation:

No service termination fees charged. Note: You will not be refunded for installation charges or other fees.

Please credit the early termination fee within 30 days or I will be filing a complaint with the BBB and other regulatory agencies.

Account # dss36585942

Rosemary McDonald

Ro
Oct 03, 2018

Comments

• Ro
      Oct 04, 2018

Thank you for your feedback, I changed my mind in time to use their services.