Hp Pavillion Dv6000 / motherboard
I purchased a HP Pavillion laptop, mid July 2007 and needed it for work at home.
Luckily I also have a MAC so the strain on my laptop was halved.
2 weeks ago my Laptop developed a fault so I logged onto the US Hewlett Packard website, trying to see if this fault was a known fault.
The one beep, followed by 2 beeps with the computer failing to start is a known manufacturing fault!
The website also said that the Warranty for my model (which is out of contract by 3 months would be extended). The website also clearly states that the fault is a known fault so I contact Hewlett Packard in the UK.
After giving all my personal details, the computer details and the nature of the problem my laptop it was collected the following day!
Before it was returned I first received a letter stating that there was a mix up and that the incorrect laptop was returned to me and that I needed to contact HP to arrange another collection.
The laptop, which was returned, was my laptop but I couldn't test to see if it was repaired because my power supply was at home.
After testing it my laptop still had the same fault so wasn't repaired.
I contact HP again and this time they told me that the extended warranty did not apply to my laptop in the UK!!! It was only extended in the US with my model laptop!
I couldn't believe it when I was asked to pay a repair fee of £265 for a laptop with a known problem. They told me that this model was not under the same extended warranty criteria as other laptops in the series although the problem with my one is exactly the same as the others that are!
I paid in excess of £800.00 for my Laptop and now they expect me to pay another £265 for a manufacturing fault which I'm reluctant to do...but I need this laptop to work from home as my PC and Mac are not compatible!
More Hp Pavillion Dv6000 Complaints & Reviews
- Hp Pavilion Slimline - motherboard failures on new computers 
- Hp Pavilion Dv2000 - laptop problems 
- Hp Officejet Pro K550 - printer is hopeless! 
- Hp Dv6000 - privacy violation and poor product! 
- HP Customer Service - extremely disappointed with hp customer service! 
- Hewlett-Packard / HP Development Company - printer
- Hewlett-Packard / HP Development Company - laptop
- Hewlett-Packard / HP Development Company - hp 3070a printer
- Hewlett-Packard / HP Development Company - officejet pro 6968
- Hewlett-Packard / HP Development Company - warranty repair & customer service