Hotwire.com — travel insurance
We feel we were misled when we purchased travel insurance through Hotwire's 'Access America'. Make sure you read the fine print! Even though our airline canceled our flight, and Hotwire verified it by making contact with the airline, they wouldn't offer a refund of the $600 hotel reservation we booked through Hotwire. The reason for the flight cancellation didn't fit their ridiculously stringent criteria, so we were out of luck.
The front page of the 21 page document specifies coverage for trip cancellation 'before you get started' . . . but the only way one is covered is if the airline has monetary problems . . . when you read the exclusions it is clear that the insurance really doesn't cover anything at all!
WE WILL NEVER USE HOTWIRE.COM AGAIN! And we will certainly advise all friends and acquaintances to avoid them as well.
More Hotwire.com Complaints & Reviews
- Hotwire.com - hotwire bad policy! 
- Hotwire Communications - terrible service 
- Hotwire - hotwire refuses to cancel 3hr old reservation. 
- Hotwire Cable Company - unwanted service and being charged for it 
- Hotwire.com - fraud 
- Hotwire - dish tv
- Hotwire - no flight ticket refund.
- Hotwire - car rental 
- Hotwire.com - hotel booking - deceptive business practices, breach of agreement 
- Hotwire - overcharged airfare