Hotwire / trying to cancel, when full trip insurance was purchased
We bought our air fare, hotel and car rental package through Hotwire, 2 months before the travel date. We paid the extra for the trip insurance for each of these - car - hotel - and air. BEWARE - all the people involved, from Hotwire to the hotels, to the airlines, and Travel Guard Ticket Insurance, will make it as difficult as they possibly can to NOT get you your money back, and to actively discorage you from being able to file a claim. You can eventually work your way through hours of phone calls, then on hold, then calls dropped, and starting over, dealing with overly complicated web sites, forms, and emails, numerous forms from your medical team, your bank records and having to give them full access to your health records - and you will (maybe) get some of your money back. You will get transferred from person, to person to person. You will find forms online that you cannot download or print. Be prepared to devote several hours of your life, when you are already dealing with a family emergency. We will NEVER use Hotwire again.
More Hotwire Complaints & Reviews
- Hotwire.com - hotwire bad policy! 
- Hotwire Communications - terrible service 
- Hotwire - hotwire refuses to cancel 3hr old reservation. 
- Hotwire Cable Company - unwanted service and being charged for it 
- Hotwire.com - fraud 
- Hotwire - hotel booking
- Hotwire - cancellation reneging
- Hotwire - hotwire does not send a refund promised by them = stealing my money
- Hotwire - hotwire stole my money!
- Hotwire - car rental