Hotwire Sucks / overcharged me for # of beds

1 NM, United States Review updated:

Hotwire booked me a 1 bed smoking, when needed 2 bed nonsmoking. Found out through hotel that Hotwire charged me for price of 2 bed and hotwire takes huge commission on booking. Hotwire would not budge on changing reservation, gave me speech about policy - reason why they don't allow consumers to make bed / room preference. They rip off the hotel and consumer at the same time. DO NOT USE HOTWIRE. Call hotel directly. NEVER GOING TO USE HOTWIRE AGAIN.

Comments

• Ne
      25th of Jun, 2009

Yep, just went through the same thing w/ Super 8 in Carlsbad booked thru Hotwire. Non-smoking couple booked into smoking room, neither Super 8 nor Hotwire would make right. (I asked Hotwire directly: Are you, Joslin (rep of Hotwire out of Florida) not willing to do anything to make this right? She said "I can only refer you to our TOC" to which I said "So then there is nothing Hotwire is willing to do" and Joslin said "No."). Hotwire is a ripoff, and Super 8 is in on it. My opinion only as a consumer of both their "services" (as a bull services a cow).

• Ph
      10th of May, 2010

Same thing happened to me. Booked a room in State College, PA through HotWire, ended up with a reservation at Rodeway Inn. Was never given an option to select Non-Smoking room, although that's clearly what I would have selected. Showed up at the dump of a motel, and was told that there was only a smoking room available. Was shown the room and it was disgusting, there is no possible way I could have stayed there. The manager said this happens all the time, and I should have just booked directly with them at the same price I got through HotWire. Called HotWire customer support (what a joke that is) and was told there was nothing that could be done. Tried to dispute the charge through my bank and after several weeks, they told me I was out of luck. I WILL NEVER USE HOTWIRE AGAIN AND WILL TELL ANYONE WHO WILL LISTEN NEVER TO USE THEM!!! THEY SUCK!!!

• Fr
      6th of Dec, 2012

Hot wire sucks!
    On March break we booked a flight from LA to Mexico, but both my daughter and I were sick. So we called the hot wire to cancel the flight, and told us we must use the credit in ONe year. We're OK with that.
    Now we wanted to book tickets from Bufflo NY to Madison WI during the holiday seasons. I checked onlline, there about $400/person. I thought we still had some credit on my account that I can use. When I phoned the customer center of HOT Wire, I was told the fare was $1150/person. PLUS $150/person change fee. I told the REP, the fare I just checked was $400, he said if I wanted to use the credit exchange then I couldn't get the best rate, which mean I had to pay the highest rate.I can't use my credit which totall is $1165. That's ridiculous ever!!