Hotelandresortcard.com / terrible service and product

1 United States

In June, 2015, I purchased a gift card for hotelandresorts.com from restaurant.com to save money on a trip that I was taking 8 of my family on over Christmas. I found that you had to book your hotel room through the hotelandresorts.com website to get a small per night discount at a Hilton property. I booked 2 rooms for 7 nights at the Embassy Suites in Milpitas, California. While the discount was small, because I booked 2 rooms for 7 nights, I did save close to $150 using the gift card that cost me less than $20—a good deal, or so I thought! The process was Hotelandresortcard.com charged my credit card and then they in turn booked the hotel rooms using their American Express card. I got my room confirmation from them and double checked with Embassy Suites to make sure I indeed had confirmed room reservations (I had to have them link those rooms to my Hilton account number, though). After spending one night in the hotel, I was alerted that Embassy Suites was charging both rooms to my card that I had given the hotel for incidentals. I went to the front desk and they told me that they had run hotelandresortscard.com’s American Express card 10 times and it was declined each time----so they were charging me for the rooms that I had already paid hotelandresortcard.com for. Hotelandresortcard.com has NO customer service telephone number so the only way I had of contacting them was to go to their website and fill out a form explaining the problem and ask them to contact me ASAP. To this date, THEY NEVER HAVE CONTACTED ME. I went to the hotel manager to see if they had a way to contact hotelandresortcard.com since they claim to be a Hilton business partner. The manager had no idea who they were. I called Hilton’s customer service and got transferred three times to different departments and no one at Hilton could give me any contact information either. Finally, I called restaurant.com’s customer service department to see if they could help me since they were the ones who sold me the gift certificate (which they are still selling on their site.) I finally talked to a rep who said she would put in an “urgent” request to fix this problem. On day five at the hotel (after being charged the entire hotel bill on MY credit card), I went to the front desk to see if they could send me an email documenting that hotelandresortscard.com’s credit card had been declined several times so I could dispute the charges on my credit card. For some reason, I asked them to rerun their credit card----and this time it went through---a miracle. Bottom line, THE HASSLE IN USING HOTELANDRESORTCARD.COM IS DEFINITELY NOT WORTH WHAT LITTLE I SAVED AND WOULD NEVER USE THEM AGAIN.

Re