Horizon Fitness / Elliptical

Purchased a brand new Horizon Elliptical through Dick's Sporting Goods. It arrived in a box with the entire front panel broken into several pieces. The sign on the outside of the box says to call Horizon, not Dick's, if there is a problem. So, I called Horizon. They were closed for the week of Christmas. Then I called back on December 29th, 30th, and 31st. I also sent emails on the 30th and 31st. They only allow you to leave messages and they say they will return your call within 24 hours. They also have a service that allows you to disconnect and they will call you back when your turn in line is up. They don't respond to the phone calls. As for the email, they send you a message just telling you to call them. So, around and around we go... DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM HORIZON FITNESS. Apparently I will never receive an elliptical that actually is in one piece unless I buy another one and eat the cost of this one. No ethics with this company!

Ka

More Horizon Fitness Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Ka
      2nd of Jan, 2009

Finally heard from Horizon. Very rude on the phone. Never apologized for my inconvenience. Didn't offer anything other than I could drop it off at a store if I want my money back. The item arrived on a huge truck and they want me to take it to a store? So, the alternative was to wait 2 or 3 weeks and they'd ship the part and have a technician come by to install it. I kept thinking at least the woman would say "we apologize for your inconvenience, " but customer service isn't even in their vocabulary and I never received an apology. Wow! In this economy you'd think they'd be a little more customer friendly.

• Su
      1st of Apr, 2009

Horizon Fitness is a great company and were especially helpful to me when something of mine broke. I suppose they were probably just trying to catch up from the holidays and what not. Very friendly and I couldn’t be happier with the service. Some people think that they are more important than everyone else. Being rude is not a smart way to get service. Being respectful will get you respect. All in all, great company so far. I hope to not have a negative experience.

• Di
      23rd of Apr, 2009

Well I have one of their treadmills and a relay on the control board broke. I contacted them to get a relay and they refused to sell me the relay. Instead they want me to buy a new control board for $170. They relay is only $1.

Not a customer friendly company