Honeywell / Career at Honeywell is a sad joke!

A career at Honeywell is a sad joke... They demoted everyone except one ### kisser. And "raises" are usually zero -- rare just to keep up with inflation. Best to go somewhere - anywhere else to work.

N  20th of Feb, 2008 by
Where i work is getting like a sweat shop. I work at Tempe where it was a better place to work now that they are implementing HOS they have taking all our chairs away and making us stand all day and using stop watches, our breaks & lunchs are very short. I feel like looking for a new Job but I've work there 15 years and I'm getting old.

I think also our production has gone down but they ignore that and tell us not to say anything negative or it will threaten our jobs.
N  20th of Feb, 2008 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I feel very worried for you as you are stuck in a situation which probably feels more helpless than it really is. Because you are not alone, you will be more inclined to think there's nothing you can do to change your situation (because it appears everyone is apathetic and/or have been reprimanded as an example).
When a person is stuck in an abusive work placement, he/she develops a thick skin to it - to the point where some negative situations don't seem as 'bad' as others. ("Oh they took away our chairs...? Well, at least they didn't shorten our unpaid lunch...")
Surely there's someone (an outsider) you know who could drop by to assess how bad things really are, and then act on it if there are negative situations. I realize there's no law against not providing an employee with a seat, but I am sure this company is not following through on some legitimate employer standards.
It's hard to 'prove' verbal harassment and/or threats but it's easy to have an outsider file complaints regarding the physical worksite.

Just google The Occupational Safety and Health Act and you can get any of your workplace questions answered. If you could get even three outsider 'friends' to literally file a complaint a week - eventually something would have to change.

Here's an example of a potential complaint:
"OSHA (the Occupational Safety and Health Act) contains regulations which require employers to provide at least one restroom for each 20 employees of the same gender. The provided restroom should include adequate hot/cold water, hand towels, and soap."

How does your work site measure up?
N  27th of Sep, 2010 by
Deciding to Work for Honeywell Has been the single most regretable thing that I have ever done with my career Period.
No raises, the worst workmans comp insurance on the planet. and on top of that a micromanaging group of overpaid ex mcdonalds employees that would step on your childs face to get a step higher on the corporate ladder.