Homeland Housewares / Unauthorized billing

I am writing to warn people not to buy the Magic Bullet. I bought 4 of them for Christmas presents the year before (2004). Just this past Christmas (2005)the cheap plastic wheel broke. The blades inside my mixer would not spin.

I called the company and asked for a replacement of the wheel and was told this was not available, BUT I could buy a replacement bottom for $39.99. This is the biggest ripoff of all times. The set only cost me $59.99. Why aren't these spindles made with good USA steel? Which would make more sense to use because it would be sturdy. But if this were done, the CEO's wouldn't become millionaires. Most companies today make cheap products with cheap labor. What do they care that the product won't last. They'll be making their millions.

I'm not saying the product wasn't good. I loved it, when it worked. Was great for me. I could make single meals fast. It just angers me that they won't produce a $5.00 replacement piece as opposed to paying $39.99.
My daughter has informed me that her's too broke. Until they make the product more durable, I wouldn't buy another set. Don't waste your money.

Va

More Homeland Housewares Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• St
      8th of Feb, 2011
    Homeland Housewares - Magic Bullet not so magic
    Homeland Housewares

I bought the Magic Bullet in 2010. Worked okay for only some things. I first used it to make an omelet. It leaked. Cheese; kept getting stuck. Onion; It did not chop it. It pretty much juiced it. Either I'm doing something wrong or this product does not work like it did in the commercial. The only good that has come out of this product was making chocolate mousse and mixed drinks. It still takes up space with all those extra pieces that come with it. I would say the Magic Bullet is not so magic like the company says.

• Wm
      11th of Apr, 2011
    Homeland Housewares - Deceptive billing Practices
    Homeland Housewares

Ordered magic bullet from their website. While ordering you are offered a free 30 day energy boost supplement all I had to pay was separate shipping & handling. Three weeks later I begin to receive threatening emails stating that I owe an additional $29.99. Homeland Housewares automatically ships the free 30 day trial and an additional subscription 30 day supply of this energy boost. You have 30 days to return the additional supply back so that you are not charged, however you must pay for shipping the unwanted product back to them. Nothing is Free! This is a horrible scam.