Homeaway / worthless customer service

1 Austin, TX, United States Review updated:

Mon. 07/21/15 called booking dept at [protected] talked to Qwaiin about renting a property (3724272) in New Orleans, Lousiana. Told him the dates, he quoted me the same price as on website. He took my deposit paymnet of $280.00 (what was taken from my bank accoutnt was $215.50 - Fraudulent practice). Once I received the confirmation email from the homeowner, Mr. Andrew Craig [protected] it had the wrong dates of travel. I told him Sept. 4th to 7th and he put Aug. 7th to 9th. I immeiately called the homeowner who said the rates quoted were not right as that weekend there is a big festival. I told him then I just want to cancel and get a full refund. He told me I had to call customer service [protected] talked to Clifford and Gina (managers) and numberous other representives that all tell me there is nothing they can do the homeowner needs to initiate the refund. Now homeowner is refusing to answer my calls and respond to my text messages to him. Mon . 07/27/15 called HomeAway booking department again. Supervisor, Errol told me to call the payment processing department for a refund. That department said they could not do anything for me. I already filed a formal complaint with HomeAway and was told this: "Ido see on this case that you have spoken with multiple Sr. Agents, we apologize for any standards that we may have set in this whole scenario. The main point that should have been conveyed is that our complaint process if for recording and keeping record of this owner and how they treat travelers. At no point can we process a refund for an owner which is why we will continue to let you know that you need to continue reaching out to the owner to attempt to recover funds.". Please DO NOT use these worthless company. You will loose money and get horrible customer service. I also put in a complaint with the BBB, now investigating. Tried to put in fraud report with my bank and waiting on that too. This was my first time using them and believe me my last...

Ma
Jul 27, 2015

Comments

• Mi
      4th of Oct, 2016

I can post an affirmation to this. Home Away seizes the cash up front and takes no responsibility for rental disputes or charges they failed to make the renters aware of. They send you stock form letters and disregard your concerns.

• La
      5th of Jun, 2017

they not only take your $$$, they neglect to tell you that registered sex offenders live less than 1/2 mile for any and all property that is listed for rent - yet the home owners know this and refuse to disclose it. Some of the lakes are NOT sand bottom but full of muck and silt and that is listed on the Wisconsin DNR web site - renter BEWARE a lot of misrepresentation for the love of money!!