Home Warranty Of America / terrible service

Home Warranty of America
This warranty was purchased by the seller when I bought my home in sept 07. Since we bought the home (built in 1941) we have had the heater malfunction, the stove malfunction, the oven malfunction, and the tankless water heater malfunction. Hwa has since only fixed our oven and partially our stove. The persons who they sent out to fix the stove rewired it weird so that the stovetop clicks even once the fire is burning. They sent someone else out to fix that and months later it started clicking again. Well they say since it has been 90 days we have to pay to have someone come out again to fix it when they're person was the one who created the clicking problem! Before they initially came out for the stove the problem was that they pilot was not working - the clicking didn't start until after they came out. Over and over again, they'll send unqualified people out who do nothing then we have to wait for someone else. We still have not had our heater or hot water heater fixed and I had to renew my contract just so that they could get fixed. Our tub's plumbing malfunctioned over a month ago and we have since resorted to hiring our own plumber after having to constantly call hwa. They lie about having contact with the vendors or what the vendors say. I've had vendors tell me that they called hwa to get authorization and hwa refuses then turns around and says to me that they are not aware of the progress and will contact the vendor! Then they end up sending someone else out to start the whole thing over again. I have spent so much time calling them during my work hours to get bull* and still no service or crappy service. I would not recommend them to a friend.

N  4th of Dec, 2008 by
There were several attempts to have these problems fixed and was left out in the cold. well really it was the hot because i just bought my first home and they said that they talked to my girlfreind and said that she said it never worked but the first claim was made in may well guess i didn't need a A/C during that other 90degree weather. Then they said my septic system would be covered and sent someone they called out and talked to them and then said that it was an existing problem and not covered. WOW imagine that well heres $500 dollars thanks a lot.

Home Warranty of America (HWA) Logo Home Warranty of America (HWA)
P.O. Box 850