Home Star Search / problems canceling trial

I signed up with a 10 day trial with Home Star Search. When logging onto the website, I notice there was a lot of false information. The homeowner contact numbers were all wrong or disconnected. When I do get someone on the phone they tell me I have the wrong number, or that they property is not for sale or rent, and have no idea what I am talking about. The website was useless and a waste of money. When I cancel my trial membership before the time limit, I later found out that they charge me anyway. I called customer service to ask questions and to try to get my money back, they lied and said they had no record of me canceling my trial, and I was told I could not get my money back. Customer service and support manager was very rude and disrespectful and hung up many times in my face. I think Home Star Search is a big scam, they mislead people with false information to get there credit card number then take there money and provide no service at all. They are listed under CreigList. PLEASE DO NOT ENROLL WITH THIS SCAM, PLS BE CAREFUL, because if you do you will regret it, I sure did.

More Home Star Search Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Hi
      May 17, 2010
    Home Star Search - extra money from bank account
    home star search
    6102 E 62nd ave Apt 3103
    Commerce City
    Colorado
    Phone: 720-275 -1176

The original $5.98 plus $ 1.00 was withdrawn from my bank account twice and every time I try to get a hold of them there busy or hang up on me. Not a very good practice for a business I would say. I'm asking that my monies be returned to my account asap other wise I will need to take further actions

• Si
      Aug 24, 2011

I found a listing on Craigslist in the Phoenix area for a house for RENT. Homestarsearch . com is a scam for sure!!! They said that they would charge me $19.95 for the first 7 days "ONLY IF I FOUND A RENTAL" and the rental home that I was inquiring about was available and that Homestarsearch does ALL the paperwork and that is WHY they charge the 19.95. Then I logged onto the web site to obtain the address of the rental, and I could not even find it. There were NO RENTALS AVAILABLE!!! This is a scam, and they totally misrepresent what they do!!! They try and sell foreclosed houses by providing you with a MLS listing of the foreclosed home that you can get from a realtor for free. Then, they want you to pay $59.95 per month for continuing to view available houses FOR SALE, NOT FOR RENT. I WAS SCAMMED OFF OF Craigslist. I am filing a complaint with Craigslist as well.

• Wa
      Jan 06, 2014

They are a huge scam! I have called them several times trying to get my membership cancelled. They assure me it is cancelled then charge my card...AGAIN! they charged $59.94 to my cc 2x in October, then again in November & December. I am having to cancel my bank account because they can't get their sh*#%^&*# together and do their job. DO NOT CALL OR EMAIL THIS SCAM GROUP! THEY WILL RIP YOU OFF!!!

• Je
      Nov 15, 2015

I am having the same problem they won't answer phone they are useless and won't allow cancel and won't allow you into your account to cancel it is a major headache please save yourself the trauma