Home Away / new communications restrictions

Austin, TX, United States Review updated:

Your Case Description:
I have been with HomeAway/VRBO since 2010. The recent changes restricting communications between owners and potential guests are killing my rental business! During the past 30 days I have received only THREE inquiries and responded to two of them through the system by saying YES, I accept this reservation. I never received the clear text email addresses. The third potential guest was an inquiry to which I responded. I never received any responses from these guests and never received any good contact information. I cannot continue doing business this way.

I have now signed-up to list my properties on Trip Advisor and other listing sites. If Home Away continues the current policy of restricting communication, I will have no choice but to discontinue my subscriptions. I have already placed them in the non-renewal category.
I am disappointed that after 8 years of subscriptions, it looks like our relationship will not continue.

I sincerely hope that this email will be forwarded up-channel in the organization for senior management consideration.

Sincerely (but saddened)!
Signed
(an 8 year former Platinum member)

Are they paying attention? The response to my complaint is addressed to me as "Dear Robert", in the message they state:"We sincerely appreciate you taking the time to share your experience and ideas with us, Elizabeth."

Dear Robert!
Thank you for contacting HomeAway Customer Support. I hope you're doing well.
I totally understand where you're coming from and I know how you feel regarding the changes and new processes. Let me assist you with this matter.

About the phone numbers being removed on site, protecting your and the travelers’ contact information prior to a confirmed booking helps build trust. It also helps us better protect you and travelers against fraudsters — who, unfortunately, are always hard at work.

In addition, once the booking is complete, the phone number will be available to the traveler within the My Trips section of their traveler account.

We sincerely appreciate you taking the time to share your experience and ideas with us, Elizabeth. Many of the improvements to our products, policies and processes are made in response to customer suggestions such as yours.

Please feel free to continue to share your thoughts in the future via our Feedback tab when visiting our website. The Feedback tab is located on most of our pages on the right side of your screen. Click on the Feedback tab, type in your comments, and click Submit Feedback.

Our product managers regularly review customer feedback. Many of the improvements to our products are made as a result of input from our users. While we do our best to act quickly, some recommendations can take time to implement.

Please note that we absolutely read and consider all feedback, but we are unable to respond to individual customers. If you are in need of assistance, you will receive the fastest response by contacting Customer Support.

If in case that you still need assistance, please don't hesitate to respond to my e-mail so I can continue assisting you
Visit www.help.homeaway.com for answers to frequently asked questions.
I wish you a wonderful day!
Sincerely,
Julius
HomeAway.com Customer Support

-----------------------------------------

Bo
Aug 04, 2017

Comments

Sep 14, 2017

Having exactly the same issue and believe it is changes to the website since Expedia took over. The customer service refused to allow me to speak to a manager, abysmal service.

Sep 29, 2017

Since Expedia took over They have abused the original contract and are charging huge booking fees to our guests.
    TIME FOR A CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT AGAINST THESE CROOKS