Holiday Travel Of America / Scam

6405 El Camino Real, Carlsbad, United States Review updated:
Phone: 760-431-8600

This firm takes advantage of the consumer. We went to a 90 minute presentation then got the voucher for a weekend stay in Napa. Several back and forth in getting our date booked, then when it was finally done they had booked us for yet another 90 minute presentation, which I declined. I was told that if I declined the 90 minute prez the certificate I orignally got (when I attended the first 90 minute prez) would be cancelled and void. I could NOT believe it! Its a scam to cheat people out of getting the services promised to them in the first place! SCAM.

Comments

• Th
      22nd of Mar, 2010

Like many others my husband and I went to a free lunch and program on timeshares for holidays. we didn't buy but opted for the "free gift". What a rip off! We spent over a year trying to get our trip to Hawaii planned. There were never any vacancies and we were constantly put off for many months and then there were still no vacancies. We did finally get our $100 good faith deposit returned and were promised free hotel accommodation in lieu of the Hawaiian trip. That also never eventuated and they did not return any calls or messages. This has to stop. Fortunately all it ended up costing us was time but I think of the many people who might have taken this one step further buy actually buying into the whole timeshare concept.

• Do
      21st of Jun, 2010

Add my complaint to the many who have been scammed by Holiday Travel of America. I just received my THIRD letter telling me that the 'free' B&B vacations dates 'cannot be confirmed'. I'm giving up- which is what they are counting on, I'm sure.

This is why Timeshares have such bad reputations...they deserve them.

• We
      31st of Aug, 2010

I went to a 90 minute presentation in October 2009 and got the voucher...sent in the deposit...every time I request dates they are not available. They sent me one saying if I wanted to go somewhere else it would be easier...left phone messages everyday for 1 week with no return calls and submitted a contact us on their website. Fianlly get a return call 1 week and 1 day later and was told there were no availabilities untill November and I could submit 2 dates in that month but they could not tell me if anything was available. I mentioned the letter they had sent offering additional properties and they told me that it was only good for the one location that we had chosen (but never available). TOTAL SCAM!!!