Holiday Inn / overall experience

1 Bensalem, PA, United States Review updated:

My mom, daughters and I rented a hotel room with you all on September 4th. We went to Sesame Place during the day and planned our check in to be around 5pm. My daughter is autistic, therefore we knew we would not last long at the park. My daughter loves anything with water, however the water park at Sesame Place was too crowded and over stimulating for her. We did not mind to leave early because we were under the impression that the pool at the hotel was open until 9pm. We get to the hotel only to find out the pool was closed. I am so frustrated. We spent all of this money to make sure that my special needs daughter was accommodated. We went to dinner in the restaurant, only to find out later that the gratuity was already added and I ended up tipping the server almost $30 (more money spent that I didn't have to spend). The next morning, I asked numerous times if someone was bringing out coffee in the lobby. In an hour span, no one ever did. The front desk gave us a $25 discount. That discount is not enough for the horrible experience we had. I am very disappointed in your services.

Aa
Aug 15, 2018

Comments

• Ri
      2nd of Jan, 2019

My wife and I spent four nights at the Holiday Inn on Jekyll Island (12/28 thru 1/1 - Room 184). I did not realize this was not the full service Holiday Inn we used to stay at down the beach some years ago. While our overall reaction is negative, there were some good points, so I'll start with them:
    The bed and pillows very comfortable;
    Access to the beach excellent;
    Nice walkway;
    Most personnel very friendly and helpful - special shout outs to William and Chad in reception, Roddy
    the waiter in the restaurant, Diane and the German lady manning the coffee room.
    Problem areas:
    In-room phone inoperable - reported same to staff at front desk. Never fixed
    Picture in TV stuck on a menu function - reported to staff - not fixed
    No maid service the first night we stayed.
    Fan in bathroom not working
    Door to outside sprung - requires extra effort to get it to shut/lock
    No luggage cart in area where promised at desk
    Restaurant failed to text when table ready as promised
    Shower not fixed to floor securely
    One small soap in bath room - and it not replaced the entire four nights!
    Ironing board cover needs replacing

Suggestions:
    Designated smoking areas
    Change and soap vending machines in laundry area
    Towel rack by bathroom sink
    Light in closet - or move the one in the hall near closet door entrance

From a value for dollar perspective, the room is WAY overpriced.