Hit Web Design / Crappy company

United States, Utah Review updated:
HIt Web Design
This company is ridiculous! I am also an ex employee. I am not bitter in the least towards this company, however, I just could not stand working for them. It is true about the company being in the hole. I wasn't outsourced and I still had problems cashing my check, along with several others. I even went directly to their bank, and their bank charged me $6 to cash my check. It is so bad, that the VP was telling the whole accounting department that they could only refund $3600 a pay period to their customers. Can you imagine? A company that requires all of it's employees to sell at least $30, 000 a DAY, can only afford to refund a small amount every 2 weeks. They even tried to blame the post office for checks not getting to the outsourced workers. Give me a break!

DO NOT use this company for web design. Most customers are told their websites will be up within a couple of weeks. That is so not true. It normally takes 2 weeks before you are even put into the design department. This is the most absolute worst company I have ever worked for!! After I was hired and read all of the complaints online, I wanted to tell them no thank you, but I went ahead and gave them the benefit of the doubt. I wish I would have never stepped foot inside this company. Everything you have read on the complaints boards is absolutely true.

Oh, and the only way to ensure that you are not charged for anything in the future is to just cancel your credit card. The employees are under so much pressure to upsell you and make you buy things, that we saw trends of employees putting though unauthorized sales just so they wouldn't get in trouble by their managers.

N  18th of Aug, 2009 by
Agree Disagree -8 Votes
Since its inception, HIT Web Design has emphasized honesty and integrity, both to our customers and to our fellow associates. Being honest in our business dealings is paramount to our success and has helped Heritage Internet Technologies become one of the fast growing privately held businesses in the country.

As a company with more than 200 full time employees and nearly 300 independent contractors, glitches and problems will sometimes arise, but we are optimistic about our future. Our employees are committed to working hard for our customers. Those who fail to meet the high standards we have set are asked to leave. Naturally, some of those terminated employees have chosen to take the lower road and post slanderous statements. We feel sorry for them. All we can say is that we wish them the best in their new careers and hope they will be more respectful to their new employer.

Our employees and contractors are compensated with competitive wages and benefits packages. In the past, we experienced issues with our payroll-processing bank on a few checks that were processed through the wrong account. We have since changed bank processors and the problem has been eliminated. All of our employees and contractors have been and will continue to be fully compensated for the work they perform.

HIT Web Design is a successful company that has been recognized by such organizations as Entrepreneur Magazine and Inc 500, and is ranked in the top 500 of privately held companies nationwide. If you have a specific complaint or concern, please communicate directly with me at QCA@hitwebdesign or CEO@hitwebdesign.com.
My personal promise to you is that HIT Wed Design will be completely fair and equitable with you.
Warmest Regards,
Quality Control Administrator
A  3rd of Sep, 2009 by
Best Best Advice Agree Disagree +6 Votes
This by far... has to be one of the worst companies i have ever encounter. Speaking from a client of theirs i have never seen so much disrespect and lack of customer service in my life, from hidden charges to weeks just to hear from my so-called designer i strongly recommend and i mean it from the heart because i'm in biz and i would never bash profit or true companies but this company i would never consider . So look elsewhere because you will be lied to.
A  10th of Oct, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +3 Votes
This company has taken me to the cleaners. They are always billing my credit cards witout notice. They have not asked nor informed me, they just help themselves. Then instead of returning the money they argue with you and give you another promotiopn that will cost you more down the road. Every time I ask for a correcton they screw my web design up. I will enter new information and they put back the original file. The worng one ! It has been 3 years and my web site looks like crap. I would not take this company to a dog show. I hate them! I need a new company asap! Any recommendations? Oh, yea I had to cut them out of my account also.
N  1st of Nov, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +3 Votes
copy this link and paste in a new browser

there is about 10-12 pages of SCAM exposure about HIT WEB DESIGN
A  1st of Nov, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +2 Votes
If you have been a victim of Hit Web Design or Heritage Web Solutions tactics you need to follow the following five steps!

Step 1: Call your bank or credit card company and file a charge back.
Step 2: Contact the Utah County BBB and file an official complaint with them.
Step 3: Contact the Utah Attorney General's Office and file an official complaint about Hit Web Design.
Step 4: Contact your local media about Hit Web Design and their predatory tactics.
Step 5: POST all over the internet. And let us know what your results are.

Hopefully if we all work together no one else will suffer at the misguided hands of Hit Web design.
N  18th of Dec, 2009 by
Step 6: Turn these scam artists into the FBI if you've been ripped off at: http://wwwic3.gov/default.aspx.
There is a form online that you can report these scam artists and the FBI will investigate this business.

This company scams its customers. They not only do not deliver a web site, but they refuse to refund your money when you grow tired of waiting for the product you paid for in advance.

A  29th of Jan, 2010 by
I also got ripped off by HIT web design. I ordered a 2 page website in November and now its the beginning of Feb. and it still isnt done. I did file a BBB complaint with no response from the company. If everybody on here can come together and file a class action law suit i think that would be the best way to go about handling this company. I paid in advance with as of yet no website. It seems like all the employees there are working together to not get each other in trouble when i call in and wish to talk with someone in upper management. I get the run around, HIT doesnt care about its clients.

Please post on here if people are interested in joining in and filing a class action lawsuit to shut this company down and retrieve our money.
A  3rd of Feb, 2010 by
I will never recommend this company to anyone. Iam stuck with this company allowing as how I do not want to lose $600. Never never never do business with company.
A  1st of Mar, 2010 by
They have me by the ... I cant seem to get someone appointed to my account. Its been 2 months since they rolled out the design and since then nothing has been done. I am loosing money and loosing credibility with my investors. I am in the hole because the company failed to deliver my site on time. Who do I contact to get my money back? I am willing to go as far as it takes to get my money back. After reading this thread my concern has risen.

someone please contact me with a solution.

A  27th of Mar, 2010 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I am an ex HIT employee. Sadly it is not a 'scam' in the true sense. It is jut a VERY POORLY run business, they don't check qualifications of employees and are more concerned with quantity over quality. They are unable to fulfill their obligations to their clients because they don't have the staff to do it, and yes once they get the money they don't care.
I worked for them for nearly 2 years. I heard every complaint listed here and more. I finally quit when they started treating me like a client. I tried for over a month to contact the project manager by email and phone, he never got back to me. Therefore I could not complete the project for the client.
Don't blame the designers. Most of them are very good at what they do.
A solution for you folks who are looking is to find a local designer who you can sit down and talk to. Someone you can go see when you run into troubles.
Folks think that we are more expensive. But that is not true. We are just more honest up front as to what a site is going to cost.
So take the advise of a former designer for HIT. Find a local designer you like, and pay their prices. And understand in any web design project, much of your time as client is required to ensure the success of your project. Make sure local designer provide a spec and an estimate in writing, but understand things change over the course of a project sometimes that will affect this.
I am currently in the process of working on a way to educate the web site consumer as to their responsibilities on this type of project and what to look for in a good design company and how to tell a fraud. However doing my regular work takes most of my time and finding local media folks who care about this stuff is a challenge.
I know from experience that designers and clients can work well together and produce good web sites. It is just require time, dedication and trust on both sides. You will never get this with a large faceless company.
Support local designers and the local community. You will stand a much better chance of getting what you want when someones reputation locally is riding on what you say.
I get all my clients from referrals from other clients, so I must be doing something right.
I had HIT clients try to contact me via my personal site, and had to turn them away because of my contract. I wish I could put my contact info up and help all you folks, but I believe I can be sued by HIT.
A  28th of Mar, 2010 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
This is the worst company I've ever seen. Not only do they scam the client, they lie when they say they are refunding money.

That's what I did, and I got every penny back. I wasn't about to wait until they were completely bankrupt to hope I got the money back. My bank will send the files to the applicable agencies too, for investigations.

N  28th of Mar, 2010 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I chose them to work on my real estate website... since my last post nothing has changed. Nothing to the site has been done. If there is ANYONE out there that can help me get my project launched contact me! I am needing 12 websites built with the same programming/look and feel just a couple individual changes per site.

I am really open to anything at this point.

Chris Chavez
N  5th of May, 2010 by
I too have been lied to, scammed and cheated by hit web design company. I paid over 700
dollars around two months ago, with my credit card. I not only have no website, but i cannot seem to have my money refundes. I am extremely disgusted at this point. Everytime i call i am given the runaround and noone seems to be able to tell me where my money is. I have received no services from this company, it is nothing but a company that is cheating people out of their money, getting rich by doing nothing at all. I say that all of us who have been conned out of our money by these people should come together and file a class action lawsuit. We should not just let them get away with taking our hard earned honest money. It would be completely different had they built me a website and done honest business, but that is not the case, i have paid 700 for absolutely nothing but a hard time. If you are interested in a class action lawsuit and having this company shut down then please give me a call at 713-679-3359 or email me at jamiebrown1975@yahoo.com
N  2nd of Aug, 2010 by
Go to http://www.hitlawsuit.com
N  13th of Aug, 2010 by
N  13th of Aug, 2010 by
I called them to simply sub out some work.. I talked to a [censor] name Jeff Harmon (jeffh@hitwebdesign.com). I is the biggest [censor] I have ever dealt with. I need a quote in two days, it took two weeks. He called and told me he had my quote ready and after being on hold for a few minutes he got back on and said it wasn't ready, that one he thought was mine was fora different customer... In the mean time, I completed the project and collect $6000. Glad I didn't give that to them. I guarantee I would NEVER have signed a contract. Go to web-design-companies-to-avoid.com