Hindustan Times / Non delivery of newspaper

1 India Review updated:

My father in law had subscribed to Hindustan Times News Paper vide "Form No:R133966" for two years. Subscription was in the form of monthly coupons to be given to news paper vendor on monthly basis. Of the two years subscribed we had received coupons only for first twelve months. HindustanTimes was supposed to give the remaining 12 months coupon at end of first year term. But Hindustan Times did not give the coupon so I promptly called up the customer care on [protected] / [protected]. The response from customer care was highly irr-responsible and negligent. Initially they said the coupons were dispatched to the newspaper vendor directly. So we conveyed the same to the vendor and in anticipation of coupons he supplied the news paper for two months. Even then the subscription coupons were not delivered. So we had pay the vendor separately for two months.So we had to incur a loss on the differential amount we paid to Hindustan Times and what actually the news paper costs. Then I called up the customer care again they said there was a delay in dispatch and they were sorry about it and would be dispatched immediately. But till date we have not received the coupons and the money for one year of subscription has also not been re-funded. Now it has come to notice that Hindustan Times has delivered the coupon to vendor directly instead of the subscriber. Vendor is forging the subscribers signature in the coupon and claiming the money. On talking to people in HT we are still being promised the subscription will be started but we have not received the paper till date and we see no action from people are Hindustan Times.

De

Comments

• Sh
      15th of Jul, 2008

Subject: Coupons not given by HT to the Vendor.

Reference
    Coupon number: 423829
    Payment made on 31st October 07
    Vendor's name: Santosh S. Ghogare
    Depot: Byculla

To whomsoever is concerned.

We had applied subscription for HT paper in my Dad's name and have been receiving the HT newspaper till last week. The Vendor stopped giving us the paper and told us that they have not received the coupon from HT office to carry on for the months ahead. I rang up HT customer helpline and informed the executive about it and he told me that they will need to get back to me.

I have been trying to call the the helpline and is just continuously ringing, no answer. Its just about 8 and half months that we are receiving the paper, whereas the commitment was to be for two years.

After calling on two numbers 6776 4242 and 6776 4248, there is no response absolutely.

• Pr
      23rd of Oct, 2008

raj thakre ko sudhariye nahi toh gahr se uthana padega ...

• De
      3rd of Mar, 2016

I m not receiving news papar since first feb 2016.Vender has stopped it. Pls make it cimplete.

Devender kumar

3rd of Jun, 2016

Dear Sir,
    My ID No.RO125887
    I have subscriped Hindustan Times for 2 years scheme at Rs.199/- and also received coupon for 1 year starting from 19-10-11. But my existing scheme is valid till 10-11-11. I had told your salesman that the new coupon should start from 11-11-11 onwards. Inspite of this instruction, i got the coupon for new scheme from 19-10-11. I have called this salesman twice and he had promised me that this will sort it out. But he did not turned up yet.

Kindly look into the matter and give an early reply.
    Kindly

HINDUSTAN TIMES,
    INDIA.
    Dear Sir,
    My ID No.404526
    I have booked hindustan times for one year scheme of Rs599/- on dt 26.12.12.But in mistake your salesman gave the coupen of Mint.Ihave call many times in your customer No.and he had promise to sort it out my problem. but he did not do till now, So I will request to you Please sort it out immediately.Forever we enjoy your newspapers, soon.
    Thanks,