High Tech Institute / Awful place

United States Review updated:

Yes High Tech Institute is full of incompetent, lying employees! I was approved for a loan, and they failed to send in the promissory note paperwork, and my loan was canceled. I re-applied with added information they needed, and the lovely brainless ###s that worked in the Finance Dept., faxed the paperwork, but didn't take the time to verify that they received it at the other end. The loan company didn't get it, so they canceled the loan a second time. They stated I needed a co-signer if I wanted the loan, which was supposed to be 4% interest.

Several weeks before I was to graduate, they told me I come up with $900.00, or they will eject me from school. I was forced to sign and "in-house" loan with 5% interest. I finished school, but they never had a graduation for us. THEY FORGOT! They even took 2 extra weeks to complete my paperwork, causing me to miss the deadline to apply for my massage license.

When they printed my diploma, it said I passed the Dental Assistant program. Told them it was not correct, and they said "People make mistakes!" They sent me the correct diploma, but never asked for the wrong one back!

They even let a student stay in school when he missed more classes than the state allows, because he paid for it! They are law breakers...
Va

Comments

Ha
  4th of Feb, 2009
UPDATE: I received a 1098-T Form in the mail yesterday stating that I was given credit for paying on my student loan. I graduated in 2004, and have not step foot in that place since! They gave more credit on my account, and come to findout, they were posting it to the WRONG person! Good thing I called, or that person would be very upset. This goes to prove that Hight Tech Institute hires ###s, and they cant get anything right! DO NOT USE THEM FOR ANY EDUCATION!!!
En
  9th of Apr, 2010
well let me say that i am still trying to recover from this horible financial situation this school put in. the people at that school made alot of promises to alot of students that they couldnt keep. they said that they would place you in a job AND MAKE SURE YOU WERE WORKING.
When i started going to this sooooooooooooo call school i was told that i would only have to do 1 yr because i already had a BA degree. I wanted to do Surgical Tech. Well i was shocked to find out that some of the teachers didnt even have half of the qualification i had educationally, but instead only had experience in the field .It's been over 5 yrs now still have not gotten a job in the field. Instead i have a bigggggggggggggggggg loan of $28000 to pay back for nothing. I wish i had never heard about this school .I will not recommend anyone to go to this institution. you will be wasting your time and your money.PLEASE DONT MAKE THE SAME MISTAKE I MADE.