High Tech Instituteschool loans

P Review updated:

We have started a law suit against high tech institute please send emails on this matter to [protected]@q.com or the attorney Marc Wuthrich.

• Dr
    Drowning in Debt from Hi-Tech Dec 08, 2020

I attended Hi Tech Sacramento in 2008/09, graduated with Surgical Tech diploma. School closed or was just gone within months. Never got an ounce of job placement assistance. I graduated with academic excellence and never worked as a ST. Now I still have an 18K loan which I refuse to pay. I too was scammed. Has ANYONE ucessfully gotten this discharged off this record? My email is [email protected]
    Please email me or add me to a class action lawsuit.
    Thanks,
    Yvette

• Pl
    Plove31 Oct 28, 2020

Terrible!! I attend in year of 2006 Shelby oak location in Memphis. Tn. I must admit the professors were odd. High tech promise job placement that was a lie, the degree price is overrated and over price for associate and its nothing I can do with the degree. I need this off my credit like now. What the deal with the law suit?

• Sm
    Smith7ccd Oct 19, 2020

This is sooo crazy!!! To see how many people had the same thoughts and experiences, around the same timeframe, in all the different states... I went in the mid to late 2000’s and going for my associates in the medical assistant program. I should have been concerned when one of my professors was walking from Shelby oaks campus to downtown Memphis. Saw him walking one day, asked him where he was going and he told me. That’s a long walk. Anyway, he started asking to stop by grocery store on the way and I agreed, no vehicle so who cares, just helping out. One night helped him to the door with bags, this is an older guy in his 60s or 70s. He gets to the door and gets a call from someone who he was in a rush to answer. He says can I get a ‘ball’ or 8 ball, ‘you on your way?’ Wow!!! Guy used to come to my classes to ask if he could get a ride. No, not with how u living... Good teacher, never told anyone. I really got off subject but just like everyone else, one day I come to school and everything’s at a standstill, there’s big news. Accreditation lost, too far along, but not far enough to be offered a degree. They will give me a diploma though...??? That’s not what I signed up for??? So, that’s it, u want me to sign what??? No!No!No! I’m done!!! And I was allowed to go extra classes, so I still owed the actual school money and I just took it as a loss...

• Sm
    Smith7ccd Oct 19, 2020

@Smith7ccd [email protected]

• Cs
    cshacolya Aug 06, 2020

I was in class. it was my 4th quarter medical assistant. I got pulled out of class lead to the finical aid office and told I needed to apply for more loans to continue. I was confused because we did all of this before I started. I received grants but still had to take out numerous loans from various banks to cover tuition/book fees. this was all my enrollment process. so for them to pull me out of class to tell me I need to request more loans was very confusing. I thought it was something I had to do. after being denied for multiple loans I was told I needed a co-signer. 5 family members was denied so I asked if I could just do monthly payments for the 1, 100 that I needed to continue. I was told I would have to pay 7 hundred and something its been some years so I do not remember the exact number but I needed to pay that by the next day or I couldn't return. I couldn't pay that I was 18 with a 2year old rent 795. 5years later they took my income tax for 3years until they got there 15,???. so I ended up paying 15,... + the 149 for my stethoscope that I never received because I had to leave before it arrived and when I called to ask about my refund I was told it was non refundable because I dropped out.

• Js
    JShedivy Apr 28, 2020

I will be sending another letter to the Department of Education with a copy to our current President since there has been no response from anyone. My and everyone's desperation have not been helpful. Seems they've been scammed, too? How do they get benefit from this school besides taking all of us under? This is huge. It involves lending, IRS, some sort of connection between this institution and the IRS. If I got a refund from the tax department, the school would take it and vice-versa. This cannot go on.

• Pe
    Pebbler kid Feb 17, 2020

I also was scammed at the Orlando campus I went in in about 2001 but they told me I could work at hospitals as an X-ray and my classes would transfer to college and all was a lie I never received a refund for grants at that school please email [email protected] if there’s a lawsuit

Major Davis Jan 15, 2019

I just found out about these “schools for profit” watching a documentary called Failed State in which I learned about this. I also attended High Tech Institute in Marietta, GA 2005-07. I graduated in computer graphics and animation but did not learn anything worthwhile. No job assistance or help. I left this school lost and in much debt. I’m still paying on my loan smh. Please give me an update on the progress of this civil matter @[email protected]

• Th
    Thelma S. Brittain Oct 03, 2019

@Major Davis We should not have to pay our student loans.

• Ki
    KitaShe1 May 22, 2018

Enlighten me as to what's going on. I attended the Atlanta campus in 7/2006 -5/2007, stayed in collegiate housing (paying 429 monthly rent, and 100 for school) I filled out all the necessary paperwork to exit and began repaying loans through automated drafts and the debt for breaking my lease shortly afterward. My taxes were taken several years. I was contacted regarding returning in 2011 which is what was planned. I have a friends that have graduated from the school when it changed locations from Northchase Pkwy to BUCKHEAD. I came to Atlanta in hopes of reentering the program and was finding online that the first campus closed, no info on the second except for the address. I found the address after the third time searching in buckhead and the space has been put up to lease !! I am outraged, as well as, heartbroken. To obtain my degree is a must! i had even been on the waiting list for the same program in Florida had i not had time or been in position to relocate to Ga and that fell through.
    I need to be reimbursed for time and money.

• Ju
    just916 Mar 01, 2018

I too attended High Tech (Sacramento campus) everything described on here, I also had happen to me. I refuse to pay my loan. I will not pay a cent on this due to their predatory practices. I was denied through Navient for loan forgiveness which I'm considering hiring an attorney for. Their reasoning was that I graduated, which is absolutely comical. I received a piece of paper that does nothing, and they want to consider that graduation?! I'm likely going to hire an attorney. It's been 6 months since I filed the online loan forgiveness through the FSA and have no heard anything. I contacted them today and they told me it could take years! If any one hears any new info please contact me at [email protected]

ShawnPW Feb 08, 2018

Agreed, the harassment from the private loan and the tax garnishment has been extremely stressful since i went to school at high-tech in phx az back in 2001! They promised me my credits were transferable, but they aren't! I have way too many complaints about this scam, if there's any info on a lawsuit i would like to be informed as well please, add me to the list [email protected]

• Je
    Jen8111 Jan 21, 2018

I still have debt being collected by the IRS. I wasn't able to find work in my field nor transfer credits. Way to rip off an 18 year old kid HTI of Phoenix Az. Not to mention their was only 1 instructor there with a teaching degree!!! My debt keeps being sold so it just keeps growing, regardless how much of my taxes they take. Anyone with info on a lawsuit, please add me to the list. [email protected]

• Do
    donna stephenson Jan 02, 2018

I attended high tech institute in 1998 received a diploma and still have over 20, 000 in debt. How do I apply for lawsuit.

• De
    Derrty478 Nov 18, 2017

I attend the school in [protected] it was a total rip off. They told me my credits would be able to transfer but they wasn't now I'm stuck with 30, 000 in student loan debt. If any one can help me resolve email me at [email protected]

Jazjohnson Nov 13, 2017

I went to high tech institute in Phoenix, graduated in 2004. Credits were non transferable and I just found out the school I attended is no more?! I want my student loans forgiven!!!

Dashleys Sep 22, 2017

I went to High Tech in MN and I am also in the same boat. Trying to file for load forgiveness. PLease add me to any action suit. [email protected]

Shana Clark Sep 20, 2017

You girls and guys can send your emails but it appears a lot of us have been [censor] the state took, 9000$ my whole income tax plus the year before 3000$ now I owe like 500$ for what I could have made my own degree at home for what I received.

Dasha M Aug 30, 2017

I attended High Tech Institute back some years ago. When I attended this school it was full of crap. They moved all the students into an apartment complex where other people lived, so it was not just a school campus. The apartment complex was very dangerous, within a week of us being their someone was killed a couple of apartment buildings from where we were staying. We were paying rent to stay there and come to find out HIgh Tech never had a contract with them for us to stay there anyway, so we were paying rent for no reason. All the students were put out of the complex had to find some where to else to stay. I never found a job in my field and now I'm stuck with these student loans that I feel I shouldn't have to pay. The school is a rip off.

Dasha M Aug 30, 2017

@Dasha M My email address is: [email protected]

• Ta
    Tamirria Smith Jul 20, 2017

I went to High-Tech in 2003 I was one of their first classes the told me my credits would transfer and they did do a lot of Pell grants and they pull me out of class a lot to talk to the Financial aid people. I found a lot of the teachers didn't even have a degree to teach and we was given the answers on the test as study guides to take the test. I never was able to find a job, as a surgical tech and that student loan has slowed me down a lot from pursuing different careers

• Su
    Suset Cortez May 09, 2017

Same story with me. I could never get my transcript got tossed around from school to school. Not even accredited I found out thru Miami Dade college this is an insult. Never was able to get a job or assistance thru them but yet from Orlando they did have reps come down and recruit people who didn't know any better. I've been living for 14 years thinking I had a degree and I did not. Please we all need help from these evil people. My email is [email protected] if anyone is aware of a class action suit please drop me the contact info as well as any advice as to what we can do.

Suset

• Eu
    Eunice Cortes Apr 26, 2017

Hello has there been any progress again High Tech Institute, ? I was a student there in around [protected] I haven't been able to work for what I studied in Florida at all . After graduating I moved to Puerto Rico where I was able to work and get experience, moved back in 2004. When I called the school to find out how to go about getting my certification, I left several messages and never had a returned call . I insisted and finally spoke to a guy who stated that he would help me out and call me back and never did . I have called since many times, went to the school when they changed there name to Anthem College and asked for my transcripts. After waiting an hour to see someone I was given a bogus phone # to call, I have reached out to the school now a days called Florida Career College. I was given another bogus phone # and website to get my transcripts . I'm in debt $45, 000+ and still can't work as a Surgical Tech here in Florida . If its not too late sign me up for a class action, [email protected]

• Fa
    faith 1 Mar 28, 2017

Has anyone found out what to do about high tech?????

• Ti
    Tina Hyland Jan 22, 2017

Call your attorney generals office, they can help with these things.

Sara Lemus Sep 03, 2016

I had similar problems with high tech in Las Vegas. I went on medical leave for 2 months while attending during [protected]. Upon my return they claimed that I dropped out but couldn't produce paperwork that I "signed" to drop out. I'm now in debt for 30k for associates degree and massage therapy and only needing 7 months to complete both programs. they stated that they lost their associates program and were working to get their accreditation back, which they didn't. Anyway I'm working with my loan provider to get the whole thing discharged. If lawsuit happens let me know at [email protected]

• Th
    thomas hanrahan Aug 12, 2016

Has anyone made any progress against High Tech Institute? I'm in the same boat as all of you, ripped off by High Tech Institute and put into $33, 000 in debt. The government has a program you can apply for called "Borrowers Defense". I'm trying to apply, would be nice to have some previous cases won against them to reference

• Ly
    Lynne Leair Jul 14, 2016

I attended High Tech which midway changed to Anthem College. I got a 4.0 GPA Associates degree in surg tech. Never an interview, no job in my field. I was assured they were accredited, which was apparently not true. 40, 000 dollars later, I'm not persuing the field I had worked so hard for. Such a let down. Sign me up for a class action Lynne Leair. [email protected]

• Be
    Beggin for scraps Mar 15, 2016

The lie about the credits transferring to another school is what sucked me into this debt nightmare myself. I heard from some old classmates that one of the students said they were filing a class action suite (Not all schools accepts this schools credits.), but i have not heard anything about this yet and wants to be a part of this. I would love an answer too please! Please email at [email protected] for any updates regarding progress towards justice.

Christina Mc Feb 28, 2016

I attended this school from may of 2007 thru November of 2009. I had dropped out for a while due to racial issues with the session I was in and no one would do anything about it! When I went back I had heard rumors of not being accredited properly so my whole class went to talk to the Dean and he stated there was nothing we needed to worry about and everything was fine. I had my externship at St Lukes outpatient center and at Froedtert hospital in Milwaukee. Neither of which would hire me based on my "qualifications" even though I had just had my externship with them. I ended up getting a job at minimum wage and not getting to far on paying much back. Is there any way to expunge this ridiculous amount of money I still owe? Any updates please email me @ [email protected]

Thank you!!!

• Ta
    Tara Knox Jan 23, 2016

I attended the hi tech in 2000 for a medical assistant a.a.s degree, I have never been able to be one, I am also still paying 20, 000 in debt with threats from govt as well, is there a way to expunge this? Any answers would be helpful [email protected] thank you!

• Ka
    Karmak Nov 20, 2015

I too attended this school. Finished with an Associates Degree that I can't do anything with. I had to start all over again. I gained nothing but debt from High tech Institute. My degree is useless!

sharnice Nov 19, 2015

I owe TOO much in borrowed money for the piece of paper i received for this so called a diploma i received in 2008 or 2009...
    I was told by the financial aid officer at the school at least 2 or 3 months before finishing my Associates that the school had lost accreditation and that i had to choices... Finish with nothing and owe for it or finish with a diploma for MA... Of course, like a dummy i believed it because at the time i was only a teenager and didn't know any better...
    If its possible that i can receive some type of help or assistance with clearing what i owe the government or at least getting some financial retribution please contact me... [email protected]

• Je
    Jessica Mathos Sep 23, 2015

I attended school in Sacramento California 2004/2005 school year for dental assisting for my 7 month clinical course I have 3 A's and 4 B's. upon enrollment they promised you I would have my certification as a DA. Once i completed my clenical courses they could not find me an externship, due to lack of trying. As i attempted to find my own site i came up with nothing. I asked Mrs. Danielson, Extern Coordinator, what to do and she said that since I have not been doing my externship for a month that she is not responsible for helping me Anymore. This school is a joke and they didn't anything that they had agreed to do. I still have yet to get ahold of anybody who can help with this situation. I want my money back for my financial assistance that I paid off. The schooling cost me $11, 000.
    Hope we all get this resolved.
    Jessica Mathos
    My email address is:
    [email protected]

Leroy Kendrick Feb 20, 2015

WE NEED TO WRITE A LETTER TO THE UNITED STATES PRESIDENT, THIS HAS GONE WAY TOO FAR AND THESE ATTORNEYS THAT REFUSE TO HELP US RIGHT THESE WRONGS ARE JUST CONFUSING THE BREAKS OFF OF ME. WE NEED HELP!

• Re
    REASLER Feb 19, 2015

Tried to email the above also to an invalid email address... this is so incredibly frustrating to hear all of you with the same exact story as I have! THis was the Email I sent:

I attended High Tech in [protected] for their Certified Medical Assistant Program. I was told that at the end of my externship I would have help getting a job! That did not happen. I have tried to go back to school for my RN, that is not happening anytime soon! I was told that my Associated Degree was not legit and my credits were non-transferable! After a $20, 000 loan that has completely destroyed my credit I cant even think of going back to college. I have A house payment, car payment, 2 children! I cant afford my student loan payments because they are outrageous! Not only that, but I am so incredibly angered by this I don't feel I should be responsible to pay my loans back. Why should I when the college cant stand behind the contract I signed before attneding my 1st day. If high tech would have been a good college and accredited I would have no problem with paying on my loans. I feel as if I wasted the last 6 years of my life. I finally got a Job at a Dermatology Clinic where I am the lowest paid Medical Assistant there! I have applied for over 200 jobs in the last 6 years. I have been turned down for every single one of them. Every Allina, Fairview, and Health Partners specifically state in emails they do not hire anyone from high tech. Well that nearly diminishes where you can Apply I had one interview at an urgent care that a friend helped me get and the HR women even stated when they see anyone from High Tech they put our applications at the bottom of the pile. I would love nothing more than to go back for my BSN, but with outstanding loans like this it is not possible! I am now receiving threatening mail that my loans will go to default and my taxes and wages will be garnished! I do not answer my phone unless I know the number because Sallie Mae calls about 7 times a day. I now decided to block some of the numbers through truecaller. I am really frustrated because I have talked with 3 lawyers and not made any progress.

There has to be someone out there to take on this School, look at all of us on here with the exact same situation. I work with 3 girls who took their Surg Tech program and had to go back to school for another degree because their certification was nothing but a piece of paper! We went through 3 deans in the 8 months I attended, and my Medical Assistant teacher changed 3 times also. One of the RNs there had to fill in because they had no one to fill the positions! Nothing in that practice book we were given had any relevancy to the certification exam! I couldn't believe I passed that! Im done ranting:) Sorry I have just dealt with this stupid school for too long and heard nothing but the BS about statute of limitations and what not!
    THis has gone on too long! WHAT DO WE DO TO GET OUR MONEY BACK TO MOVE ON AND FURTHER OUR EDUCATION???????

Leroy Kendrick Jan 12, 2015

Email for the attorney Marc Wuthrich was not valid got the Mailer failure message, we really need help. The gov should have clear evidence that this is happening to so many U.S. citizens. This is America not some third world country, and we should not be treated as though we are. We need help there are more than enough of us to get a massive class action lawsuit against this ridiculous school, and I guarantee that justice will be served. SOMEONE PLEASE HELP US THIS IS A CLEAR BETRAYAL IN THE JUSTICE SYSTEM IF THIS GOES ON !

• Am
    Amanda Heintzelman Jan 12, 2015

The email provided to contact does not work. Thanks a lot. Here's what I tried to send to that email though: Hello, I came across a thread about a possible lawsuit against High Tech Institute. I am interested in this. I attended their school in Las Vegas in 2003 and 2004, the Associate's Degree Program for Medical Assisting. They lied to me that the credits would be transferable, did not follow through with their promise to provide me with the training and test for state licensing, did not provide job placement, and now I have 20K in student loan debt, work a completely unrelated MINIMUM WAGE job and have every single tax return I get seized. It's not right and not fair that they can get away with this, just change their name and go about swindling more people. Please give me more information about how I can take part in this lawsuit. I will never be about to repay this student loan debt. I am a single working mother and we have an empty fridge for half of the days out of the month, there is no extra money to make payments on my debt. I feel so betrayed, and USED by this institution. I will never be able to buy a house because of this debt. I will never be able to get another student loan in order to attend a REAL college. My dreams for my life were stolen. I will never be able to get out from under this. They should not be able to get away with this! Please tell me what I need to do.
    Not that it matters, since apparently these people to do what the hell ever they want and get away with it. Isn't there any legal office out there who's interested in pursuing an ACTUAL matter of justice??

Leroy Kendrick Oct 17, 2014

How do we get a class action lawsuit against this place? They need to be brought to justice, and all lenders because they knew that this school was fraudulent. The lenders help foster this behavior and should not be allowed to get by, get them all and they will think twice about robbing American citizens. We need to stand together like people use to when organizations commit these kinds of crimes. Who's with me on getting justice, we cannot allow this to ride?

• Ni
    Nikkok Mar 11, 2019

@Leroy Kendrick How about I'm dealing with this now and never even attended this school at all. Went to check it out and wasn't interested. Now 2019 I'm getting stuff saying I owe them close to $14, 000. What scam

• Fa
    faith 1 Mar 28, 2017

@Leroy Kendrick Did you ever find out what to do?

• Br
    brivera Aug 28, 2014

I have also attended high tech in orlando fl, they charged too much for classes i still cant pay my loans back im in debt 24000.

Shellicrowder Jul 11, 2014

They have changed their name now . My daughter went to high tech and got her associates degree in Graphic Design. Months after she graduated, they closed up shop here in Atlanta in 2008. Not one job interview, not one job fair, nothing they promised they did. The job coordinator or whatever you call her couldn't even get my daughter an interview to work at a photo shop and was rude and just mean. They had no connections to anyone in the graphic industry here in Atlanta. No job placement at all. My daughter never got a job at all from this "degree" she earned. If anyone has a class action lawsuit. Let me know, we will join in. I want all that $25, 000 in tuition money that was paid back.

• Be
    Becky Lewis-Cuen Jul 08, 2014

Wow!!! It's the same in every state. Forget the associates degree! It's useless! On November 18, 2003, unbeknownst to me, my nightmare began. I can't believe all I am reading. Too much to tell everyone about my experience. It would take many pages! I went to school in Las Vegas, Nevada. The school has now changed it's name to Anthem Institute. This school does not offer the Surg. Tech program at all. Anyway I am interested in any law suit that may be going on against this bogus school. I graduated with all A, s and perfect attendance. I never received a single interview much less job placement! I did get one interview on my own, but they said they would never hire anyone who attended that school, due to it's reputation. Please email with any information anyone has out there. [email protected]
    Thank you so much! B. Cuen

• Do
    doveelaina Mar 22, 2013

Has anyone found information on any lawsuits regarding money owed to this school. I attended school there in 2008 and still owe them money. I had court dates and due to prev. attendance I was not able to come back unless i paid $100. If you can't come back within a certain amount of time then you had to take every class over again. If you have any information please contact me at [email protected] Thanks