Menu

High Tech Institute  -  School loans

Author of the complaint
6:22 am
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

We have started a law suit against high tech institute please send emails on this matter to [protected]@q.com or the attorney Marc Wuthrich.

85 comments
Jun 25, 2022 9:45 am
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Can I get the email for the Attorney who is working on this law suit

Jun 19, 2022 3:05 pm

I think my loan should be forgiven. I never received my diploma after I passed my course. And they were supposed to contact me for the graduation ceremony. They never contacted me to pick up a diploma. Shortly after they closed down. So I need my transcript for proof .

Jun 15, 2022 6:04 pm

What are we to do exactly?

R
Jun 14, 2022 11:32 am

I attended High Tech also, never had proper teachers basically taught yourself, rushed you to sign your loan documents, over charged, always said your loan wasn't enough had to take extra much out, so imagine I went to surgical Tech classes for two years for a certificate that is worth crap. Took my state exam passed with flying colors and because they could provide me with paper work to get state certification completed. No one will accept my certification they said it wasn't worth crap. Also the school said I would be able to transfer my credits lies. I have to start all over again. They did people wrong. How can you find a job n pay a loan back when you can't even get in the field?

Jun 16, 2022 8:58 pm

Hello Rhonda,

I have started a group for those who just like me were scammed and trying to come up with a solution to have our loans discharged as other schools such as ITT Tech.

Please join-

Jun 26, 2022 4:49 pm
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Hi Rhonda I was reading your post about high tech Institute I also attended back in 2003 for the medical assistant program and I decided to get my diploma because it was just two years I was told my credits will transfer and then I can work at any Hospital although I did get an externship site I didn't get hired there but I I got hired somewhere else I was unable to transfer credits to The Community College and was unable to work at the hospital I am now going back to Community College which I have one more class left so I had to do it all over again like you I did take that state exam 2 and got certified I found out when I started my job that it was worth crap it didn't matter I didn't get paid anymore I wasn't put in a higher position so like you I'm pissed off Biden said though that the schools that were for profit the loan will be forgiven so I'm trying to figure out what this a for-profit school and have you tried to get your loan forgiven my name is Joanna last name Duran if you can find me on Facebook and we could maybe go to a group where there's other students that graduated high tech Institute out really appreciate it do we need to stick together and hopefully get this loan forgiven because I still owe $14,000 and when I started school it was 18000 so you do the math

Jun 02, 2022 11:50 pm

I also went to High Tech here in Orlando and it was a scam. The school was closed many times and the classes were a mess when it came to placement. Please add me to the list. My email is [email protected]

R
Jun 14, 2022 11:34 am

Yes me too they are so wrong. Waste of time and money.

Jun 16, 2022 9:00 pm

Please join our FB group. We have almost 100 members and creating a plan to greatly help us get loans discharged.

Here is link

Jun 16, 2022 9:01 pm

Please join group on FB

Jun 02, 2022 9:05 pm

I attended High-tech in Nashville started in 2007 at 17yrs old. I was told that I would not recieve peel grant for the trade school to recieve my RDA certification. I just recently discovered that not only did they charge me full price tuition that I got in loans for this 1 year college but also without my knowledge pulled out all the peel grants that I never seen any of and was told couldnt use. I also would like to join this lawsuit. [email protected]

Jun 02, 2022 7:24 pm
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I attended High Tech Institute in Nashville Tennessee. I received a billing and coding certification in 2010. I was promised Job placement and refresher courses. They did not keep their promise. I have been unable to find work no one will accept my certification. I would like to be added to the law suit. My email is [email protected]

Jun 02, 2022 2:17 pm

I attended HTI from [protected]. It was a complete waste of time and money for me. They promise job placement but do very little if anything.

L
Jan 19, 2022 7:46 pm

I started attending the Orlando campus surgical technology program in 2004. I was promised all the things that have been mentioned. During halfway through my internship, I started looking into transferring to a university. I found out that neither my degree or credits would be accepted. I asked the school about this and they assured me that they should be accepted and they would reach out to the university to clear up the confusion. Never got word back and next thing I knew, they stopped helping me with anything. Include my email, [email protected]

Mar 10, 2022 9:26 pm

Please join my group on FB..it is the HighTech Institute Scam group.Hopefully in numbers we can get reolution to wipe out as those of ITT have.

Jan 14, 2022 3:11 pm

I graduated January of 2009 from High-Tech Institute it was located in Irving, Tx close to Dallas, TX, I had no idea there was an issue this big.
is this legit? our loans could get cleared?

Jan 14, 2022 3:13 pm

[email protected] I can't find the email to where to make this report. someone help?

Jan 18, 2022 3:59 am

Why is it saying things has been resolved? Myself as well attended this place. Received a supposed to be Associates degree in 2006 at the Nashville Tn location. Something needs to be done and they are still hounding me for money.

Mar 10, 2022 9:27 pm

Please join FB group High Tech Institute Scam

Please anyone involved with being scammed by High-Tech schools join my Facebook group.
In numbers we can contact Attorney Generals to be recognized as were students at ITT Tech and have our loans wiped clear.
Facebook group name is High Tech Institute Scam

Replying to comment of Brandy2022

I joined the Facebook group because I attended High Tech Institute too. It was definitely a scam. They made false promising about the credits being transferable. The program was very misleading to the students.

May 03, 2022 6:59 pm
Replying to comment of Brandy2022

Hi,

I believe I was scammed also in [protected], but I do not know how to prove it.

Nov 02, 2021 8:50 pm

I attended High Tech Institute in Nashville, TN during [protected]. I was enrolled in the Associates Degree program for medical assisting. I was told during my interview with admissions that any credits I earned could transfer into our local colleges to be able to further my career. At no point was a diploma program discussed with myself or my husband. The assured us that I would be able to participate in continuing education courses for a lifetime. We took out THOUSANDS in student loans because we did not qualify for financial aid. My husband and I both work. I worked a full time job during the day and attended school full-time 5 days a week for 15+ months. I missed school functions, athletic events, etc trying to further my education to help my family. Now I have a degree that no one recognizes but also cannot attend school and get the benefit of scholarships available to adults because I have a degree (again that no one recognizes!) I would love to talk to someone to what options I have. My email is [email protected]

Dec 20, 2021 3:37 pm

I too attended Nashville location from [protected]. I was in the MA and X-ray Tech. program. I was unable to do anything in my degreed certification field or further my education after my graduation.

Mar 10, 2022 9:28 pm
Replying to comment of D. Scott

Please join FB group HIGH tech Scam in numbers we can win!

Oct 05, 2021 10:55 am

I attended the Phoenix branch in 2003, I would also like some resolution please advise. [email protected]

I attended Hi-Tech in Orlando, fl in [protected] for X-ray/MA program. When I was applying and throughout schooling I was told that I could take my AS degree to then Polk Community College and apply it to the RT program. This was a lie since Polk Community College (now Polk State College) have never and will never accept degrees from Hi-Tech. I was also told that they would have ongoing classes and career placement for life. Well, the school closed down. I paid between $400 and $700 a month cash to the school, then had a Pell Grant, also had to get a subsidized and unsubsudsidized loan to pay for my school. I had no contact or control of the loan money - it went straight to the school. I was over $25, 000. I have a high interest rate and it is now close to $50, 000 I owe. I was also told that the amount of money I would make was a whole lot lower than in reality and I was never able to make the $700 a month payments. All they could lower than $500 a month. Not too long ago I was told by Navient (credit collector) that since they couldn't look up the school online (active website) and that I can't further my education with my degree that I would be able to have my debt forgiven. This also was not the case. I fell I was duped into a FOR profit school. My cousin went to UCF in Florida during the same time frame and got her BS degree for less than $14, 000. The teachers there were high school level. I actually had to teach the math class because the teacher couldn't figure out how to get the class to understand the math. My email for communication on this issue or for reference is [email protected]

Aug 27, 2021 12:04 pm
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I attented HTI in 2006 for pharmacy tech and my daughter attended in 2010 for vet tech. They stated we would always have lifetime classes to get refreshers on, job placement, anything we need to keep our careers current. That has yet to happen once for either of us. We owe thousands upon thousands of dollars at a extreme interest rate with no end in sight. This is my email for reference

Aug 25, 2021 3:25 pm

I had attended High-Tech Institute in January of 2009 for a medical assistant degree. When I first went to sign up for classes, they told me that the degree was accredited, and I could have transferred to any other school after I graduated from High-Tech. The medical assistant course was 6 months long and I would have to complete 250 to 300 hours of medical hours for internship in order to graduate. The last month before completing the 6 months I was brought into the office; I was told by the administrator I had to pay a rough estimate of $3, 000 for lab fees and other cost before I went into completing my hours of medical time. I had told the administrator I was unaware of this and I couldn’t pay that amount due to my living status by paying bills, rent, and hardship of losing jobs back and forth. I had to drop out of the program. I tried going back to High Tech Institute to complete the program in 2011 and I was told I would have to start all over again and pay out of pocket the money I owed and start the program all over again.
Later, I received a letter by the Department of Ed/Loan Servicing (PHEAA) that I had to pay $14, 079 which was by 2 different student loans. Unsubsidized loan of $9, 734 and Subsidized Loan of $4, 345.
Here is my email: [email protected]

Aug 13, 2021 1:27 pm

I went to High Tech in Las Vegas Nevada. I went there and was told I could further my career but it had to be on there online school. I was also told that I had to have others sign for me and when I told them no, they said the only way I could continue was to take out these massive loans I still own. Please contact me.

Jun 19, 2021 6:11 am

I'm Jason Keith, went to High Tech Institute in Nashville, TN during 2006 & 2007. I would like for you to contact me via my email and cell #, [email protected] [protected], so I may join with your suit.

May 24, 2021 4:16 pm

I attended High Tech Institute, Sacramento California from September [protected]. I was taken from class multiple times, and told by financial aid that I needed to pay out of pocket, otherwise, I wouldn't be able to continue school. As an 18 year old, I was scrambling to find money in a city where I was away from my family. I did not realize how unprofessional this truly was.
Years later, and here I am with an associates degree that will not be recognized by any other institutions. A total waste, because I cannot take any steps to further my career because I am not allowed to become a certified surgical tech.

Please reach me at:

Thank you!

Apr 16, 2021 9:52 pm

I attended high tech institute in 2008 for radiology tech come to find out not a accredited school and they took my money and closed down... I refuse to give them one hot red cent my Email is [email protected]

Apr 19, 2021 12:11 pm

I can't believe how many people are going through the same thing as me! It sucks to say, but I'm glad I'm not alone in this! We should not have to pay one cent of these loans and I have no idea how to get the loan discharged! After I attended in 2007 and found out the school lost its accreditation, I tried using the credits I earned at a state college and the administrator said, "you might as well have never even given me this transcript because we can't use any of them, and no other colleges will either." I was devastated! Please, please add me to the list! [email protected]

Mar 20, 2021 5:45 pm

I attended the Memphis TN location. They did not issue me any refunds. They had me take out 4 loans that are collecting different interest rates and payments.The teachers where awful and once I graduated they placed me at a call center where you didn't even need a degree to work. The work environment was like a day club with people's coming in smelling like smoke. The school never gave me my certification exam due to they kept putting me off. I regret going to High-tech Institute it was a rip off and I was told the were non-profit. Then after graduating, years later I found out they are a for profit school. Add me to this lawsuit please [email protected] They screwed is all with lies to get us to attend.

Dec 08, 2020 11:22 am
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I attended Hi Tech Sacramento in 2008/09, graduated with Surgical Tech diploma. School closed or was just gone within months. Never got an ounce of job placement assistance. I graduated with academic excellence and never worked as a ST. Now I still have an 18K loan which I refuse to pay. I too was scammed. Has ANYONE ucessfully gotten this discharged off this record? My email is [email protected]
Please email me or add me to a class action lawsuit.
Thanks,
Yvette

Oct 28, 2020 4:42 am
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Terrible! I attend in year of 2006 Shelby oak location in Memphis. Tn. I must admit the professors were odd. High tech promise job placement that was a lie, the degree price is overrated and over price for associate and its nothing I can do with the degree. I need this off my credit like now. What the deal with the law suit?

V
Mar 01, 2021 10:44 pm
Replying to comment of Plove31

I attended there in 2007. I can tell you nothing changed from the time you went to the time I was there.

Oct 19, 2020 6:18 pm

This is sooo crazy! To see how many people had the same thoughts and experiences, around the same timeframe, in all the different states... I went in the mid to late 2000’s and going for my associates in the medical assistant program. I should have been concerned when one of my professors was walking from Shelby oaks campus to downtown Memphis. Saw him walking one day, asked him where he was going and he told me. That’s a long walk. Anyway, he started asking to stop by grocery store on the way and I agreed, no vehicle so who cares, just helping out. One night helped him to the door with bags, this is an older guy in his 60s or 70s. He gets to the door and gets a call from someone who he was in a rush to answer. He says can I get a ‘ball’ or 8 ball, ‘you on your way?’ Wow! Guy used to come to my classes to ask if he could get a ride. No, not with how u living... Good teacher, never told anyone. I really got off subject but just like everyone else, one day I come to school and everything’s at a standstill, there’s big news. Accreditation lost, too far along, but not far enough to be offered a degree. They will give me a diploma though...? That’s not what I signed up for? So, that’s it, u want me to sign what? No!No!No! I’m done! And I was allowed to go extra classes, so I still owed the actual school money and I just took it as a loss...

Oct 19, 2020 6:19 pm
Replying to comment of Smith7ccd
Aug 06, 2020 2:47 am

I was in class. it was my 4th quarter medical assistant. I got pulled out of class lead to the finical aid office and told I needed to apply for more loans to continue. I was confused because we did all of this before I started. I received grants but still had to take out numerous loans from various banks to cover tuition/book fees. this was all my enrollment process. so for them to pull me out of class to tell me I need to request more loans was very confusing. I thought it was something I had to do. after being denied for multiple loans I was told I needed a co-signer. 5 family members was denied so I asked if I could just do monthly payments for the 1, 100 that I needed to continue. I was told I would have to pay 7 hundred and something its been some years so I do not remember the exact number but I needed to pay that by the next day or I couldn't return. I couldn't pay that I was 18 with a 2year old rent 795. 5years later they took my income tax for 3years until they got there 15,?. so I ended up paying 15,... + the 149 for my stethoscope that I never received because I had to leave before it arrived and when I called to ask about my refund I was told it was non refundable because I dropped out.

Apr 28, 2020 6:08 pm

I will be sending another letter to the Department of Education with a copy to our current President since there has been no response from anyone. My and everyone's desperation have not been helpful. Seems they've been scammed, too? How do they get benefit from this school besides taking all of us under? This is huge. It involves lending, IRS, some sort of connection between this institution and the IRS. If I got a refund from the tax department, the school would take it and vice-versa. This cannot go on.

Feb 17, 2020 5:43 pm

I also was scammed at the Orlando campus I went in in about 2001 but they told me I could work at hospitals as an X-ray and my classes would transfer to college and all was a lie I never received a refund for grants at that school please email [email protected] if there’s a lawsuit

Jan 15, 2019 7:27 pm

I just found out about these “schools for profit” watching a documentary called Failed State in which I learned about this. I also attended High Tech Institute in Marietta, GA 2005-07. I graduated in computer graphics and animation but did not learn anything worthwhile. No job assistance or help. I left this school lost and in much debt. I’m still paying on my loan smh. Please give me an update on the progress of this civil matter @[email protected]

Oct 03, 2019 1:42 am

We should not have to pay our student loans.

K
May 22, 2018 10:23 am
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Enlighten me as to what's going on. I attended the Atlanta campus in 7/2006 -5/2007, stayed in collegiate housing (paying 429 monthly rent, and 100 for school) I filled out all the necessary paperwork to exit and began repaying loans through automated drafts and the debt for breaking my lease shortly afterward. My taxes were taken several years. I was contacted regarding returning in 2011 which is what was planned. I have a friends that have graduated from the school when it changed locations from Northchase Pkwy to BUCKHEAD. I came to Atlanta in hopes of reentering the program and was finding online that the first campus closed, no info on the second except for the address. I found the address after the third time searching in buckhead and the space has been put up to lease ! I am outraged, as well as, heartbroken. To obtain my degree is a must! i had even been on the waiting list for the same program in Florida had i not had time or been in position to relocate to Ga and that fell through.
I need to be reimbursed for time and money.

Mar 01, 2018 1:25 pm

I too attended High Tech (Sacramento campus) everything described on here, I also had happen to me. I refuse to pay my loan. I will not pay a cent on this due to their predatory practices. I was denied through Navient for loan forgiveness which I'm considering hiring an attorney for. Their reasoning was that I graduated, which is absolutely comical. I received a piece of paper that does nothing, and they want to consider that graduation?! I'm likely going to hire an attorney. It's been 6 months since I filed the online loan forgiveness through the FSA and have no heard anything. I contacted them today and they told me it could take years! If any one hears any new info please contact me at [email protected]

Feb 08, 2018 12:52 pm

Agreed, the harassment from the private loan and the tax garnishment has been extremely stressful since i went to school at high-tech in phx az back in 2001! They promised me my credits were transferable, but they aren't! I have way too many complaints about this scam, if there's any info on a lawsuit i would like to be informed as well please, add me to the list [email protected]

Jan 21, 2018 7:40 pm

I still have debt being collected by the IRS. I wasn't able to find work in my field nor transfer credits. Way to rip off an 18 year old kid HTI of Phoenix Az. Not to mention their was only 1 instructor there with a teaching degree! My debt keeps being sold so it just keeps growing, regardless how much of my taxes they take. Anyone with info on a lawsuit, please add me to the list. [email protected]

Jan 02, 2018 4:30 pm

I attended high tech institute in 1998 received a diploma and still have over 20, 000 in debt. How do I apply for lawsuit.

Nov 18, 2017 6:10 pm

I attend the school in [protected] it was a total rip off. They told me my credits would be able to transfer but they wasn't now I'm stuck with 30, 000 in student loan debt. If any one can help me resolve email me at [email protected]

Nov 13, 2017 12:48 am

I went to high tech institute in Phoenix, graduated in 2004. Credits were non transferable and I just found out the school I attended is no more?! I want my student loans forgiven!

Sep 22, 2017 11:32 am

I went to High Tech in MN and I am also in the same boat. Trying to file for load forgiveness. PLease add me to any action suit. [email protected]

Sep 20, 2017 11:37 pm

You girls and guys can send your emails but it appears a lot of us have been [censor] the state took, 9000$ my whole income tax plus the year before 3000$ now I owe like 500$ for what I could have made my own degree at home for what I received.

Aug 30, 2017 9:13 am
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I attended High Tech Institute back some years ago. When I attended this school it was full of crap. They moved all the students into an apartment complex where other people lived, so it was not just a school campus. The apartment complex was very dangerous, within a week of us being their someone was killed a couple of apartment buildings from where we were staying. We were paying rent to stay there and come to find out HIgh Tech never had a contract with them for us to stay there anyway, so we were paying rent for no reason. All the students were put out of the complex had to find some where to else to stay. I never found a job in my field and now I'm stuck with these student loans that I feel I shouldn't have to pay. The school is a rip off.

Aug 30, 2017 9:13 am
Replying to comment of Dasha M

My email address is: [email protected]

Jul 20, 2017 11:38 am

I went to High-Tech in 2003 I was one of their first classes the told me my credits would transfer and they did do a lot of Pell grants and they pull me out of class a lot to talk to the Financial aid people. I found a lot of the teachers didn't even have a degree to teach and we was given the answers on the test as study guides to take the test. I never was able to find a job, as a surgical tech and that student loan has slowed me down a lot from pursuing different careers

May 09, 2017 8:39 pm

Same story with me. I could never get my transcript got tossed around from school to school. Not even accredited I found out thru Miami Dade college this is an insult. Never was able to get a job or assistance thru them but yet from Orlando they did have reps come down and recruit people who didn't know any better. I've been living for 14 years thinking I had a degree and I did not. Please we all need help from these evil people. My email is [email protected] if anyone is aware of a class action suit please drop me the contact info as well as any advice as to what we can do.

Suset