Heartland / Fraud

1 Iowa, LA, United States Review updated:

I, too, was duped by Heartland, Inc. I had actually agreed to magazine subscriptions from another company and thought that Heartland was them when they called, but then when they couldn't verify the magazines that I had coming to the house, I became very suspicious. A while later, I noticed that my checking account balance had taken a major hit of $1317.50 +/- by a company called Heartland, so, I called them to find out what it was for and got the same story that everyone else has gotten, but when I was offered the option of hearing a recording of my consent to the charges initially, and said that I would like to hear it, the call was disconnected. At that point I called my bank and informed them of the bogus transaction and they reversed it, but I just received another call from them on my cell phone now, after screening calls to my home phone and was told that my credit card/bank card was declined (of course). I politely explained that I was billed over $1300 for magazines, notified my bank and they put a block against the company who overcharged me, and I said that it was a bit steep for a handful of magazines and that I wanted to cancel my subscription. The woman politely explained that I am still obligated to pay the balance and that they couldn't cancel my subscription because it had already been processed, etc., etc. I don't want something for nothing and don't want to pay for something that I don't want. She did ask for my permission to record the call several times, to which I acknowledged, leaving a sick feeling in the pit of my stomach. I find it odd that they can't just stop sending me magazines if I don't pay. I don't remember there being a contract as to the duration of the service, just the number of issues (with the other company whom I thought I had been dealing with). UGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

Comments

• Cp
      24th of Mar, 2010

I want to start a petition! This company is making me life hell. Is there any way to stop them?!