Haynes Furniture / carpert installation

1 Newport News, VA, United States

Take all these complaints and note them well. I only wish I would have investigated Haynes more before I purchased furniture and carpet from them. I purchased my carpet in November of '08'. The carpet was put in a week before my daughters wedding ceremony on Dec 20 (which was being performed in the room in which the carpet was being replaced in). The first crew to come in and put the carpet in was TERRIBLE! they were unprofessional, did sloppy work, patched a corner and didn't tell me, it looked like they took a box cutter down the middle of the room where the seam was, there was a 3/4 inch gap from where the carpet ended and the door started, and they didn't have the proper equipment and had to come back the next day to finish. Which meant another day off work for me. I complained to the company, which they were not very cooperative immediately. I told them at that time I didn't want anything but them to come and do it right.They basically try tosay whatever they have to say in order to not replace it again. I will say this much, I called my sales person, And he was very prompt on getting the ball rolling . I finally got someone out there to see the carpet and he agreed the whole carpet had to be replaced. needless to say, it took another month. The next time they came in I took another day off work, they replaced it again and there was a carpet flaw! THREE DAYS OFF WORK SO FAR! and a 50 year old piano that has to keep being moved and now really needs to be tuned! Come to find out, the first guys they sent to replace the carpet had a bad reputation and many complaints on him from everyone, yet they continue to do business with him. They are contractors. Now its April and I just had the carpet replaced, Installation # 3! 4 DAYS OFF WORK, 2 MORNINGS OFF FOR THE INSPECTOR TO COME AND EXAMINE THE CARPET, MANY PHONE CALLS AND ALOT HEADACHES WITH MY LIVING ROOM NOT BEING ABLE TO FULLY PUT BACK TOGETHER FOR OVER 4 MONTHS! Unfortunately for me, this carpet has cost me more than it was worth. Trying to deal with customer service was terrible. I asked for just my time to be compensated, and you would have thought that the customer service reps were paying it out of their own pocket! They finally, after many attempts and many more phones calls, compensated me with a "gift certificate" with an expiration date on it. Like I really want to do any more business with them! As far a I'm concerned, it didn't make any of this worth what I purchased.

You live in yorktown, va usa

Be