Hathway Internet / shame to the group

1 India Review updated:

I have been the customer for Hathway internet in India for the last five years. My customer account number is 84729. Off late the broad band internet connect goes off very often (at least once in a day). The call center is the backbone for any service provider, surprisingly the call center number of great hathway internet is engaged for days together some times. I have a doubt that they must be working with very few lines for call center, I don't understand how they want to survive with such a mean management to increase the lines. Initially while taking the order they say that this company belongs to Hinduja group. It is really a shame for the group with this kind of a service and service infrastructure.

Comments

9th of Aug, 2007

Hey Guys! I am having terrible time dealing with HATHWAY BROADBAND BANGALORE people. I had opted for 512k blast in the month of May 2007. By end of the month i wanted to upgrade to 'Freeway' - 256kbps, unlimited download. I had paid them 1120/- (Inclusive of taxes). I though that they had changed the plan to Freeway, but due to internet connection being so slow i phone called them. Thats why i got to know that they had changed my plan to 64kbps Thruway connection. Since then till now they haven't changed my connection.

And you know what? They have sent me a bill today, even after i canceled my account with them.

I am planning file a suit against them at the consumer court to fight against such MONEY SUCKERS. How many of you would like to join me?

Ananth Sarella.

• Ar
      9th of Aug, 2007

I would like to join you too.I am planning to file a suit against t hem in the consumer court. They have appointed staff for less salary calling them "technical"... The guys at the call center are taught like parrots to speak to the customers. Absolutely hopeless service. My connection was having frequent disconnection and i chased them like anything to get it rectified at the end of the day they call me up and ask me to renew the connection whereas i have not used the same for the past one month. I asked them for an extension of validity and their reply is that i should renew first. This the the way they do business and cheat and hold their customers. The speed promised to me was 256 kbps but when i check it in online speedometer it shows 128 to 138 kbps... Totally a fraud company minting money from customers like us. Lets teach them a lesson. The employees cannot be blamed.We got to hit the head!

• Wa
      23rd of May, 2008

I wish I had searched on the internet for "hathway sucks" before buying a prepaid. I paid 618/- on 6th April but till date haven't received the connection. I must have made calls worth more than 618/- calling them from pillar to post but of no use.

Rajan Raheja Group has diversified into a wrong field I guess.