Harvey Norman / unprofessional conduct.

1 Oxley brisbane, Australia

I bought a tv from Harvey Norman that cost $2500 a week ago. The salesman who sold me the tv then proceeded to tell me I needed the most expensive power board, HDMI cords and Antenna leads to make the tv work. He wanted me to buy $3500 worth of stuff all up which maxed out my credit card. I told him I'm a single mum of autistic boys who he met and that I can't waste money but he insisted I needed this stuff! When my friend set my tv up he told me I was ripped off and take the stuff back which I did and got nothing but grief from the same guy again about how he did me a good deal and that I need these cables and can't use the ones I have. I left the store upset. I went to a different Harvey Norman and they called the Oxley store and spoke to this guy who then asked to speak to me on the phone. I told him he upset me and how stressed out I was that he wouldn't refund me and he continued on again with how he'd done me a good deal and I needed the cables. I was almost in tears when he agreed to refund me but said he never stopped me from getting a refund in the first place which clearly he did. It's not right for a salesman to take me for a ride and lie to me because I'm a woman and because I don't have a great understanding of technology. I took the cables back for the second time. Still waiting for refund. I will never buy from them again.

Ga