Harvey Norman Mackay - Barry Goodwin — customer service
I've decided to share my complaint here due to the fact that I can find no way of contacting Harvey Norman's directly apart from their regular phone number. I see no point in calling that number because I will be put through to the store manager who my complaint is actually about!
To explain, I went in to Harvey Norman on the weekend during their stocktake sale and was quite surprised to see the store was actually relatively quiet. I headed straight for the camera counter and then proceeded to wait there for 10 minutes while the only person in sight served another customer. Now I don't mind waiting because she was there first but I was not even acknowledged during this time! I kept looking around trying to catch anothers sales assistants attention but there were none around. There was no way I was leaving the counter incase I lost my place to be served. Eventually the sales assistant went to leave with the customer to go phone in a loan or something and he still didn't say anything to me and I was VERY clearly waiting for his attention. I had to interrupt him as he walked away to ask if he could find someone else to help me. He just rolled his eyes and said the store was short staffed! Well I was about to walk out until the store manager appeared behind the camera counter. I stupidly thought that I would now be able to get some proper service. Ha think again! Barry Goodwin was the most arrogant, ignorant and lazy person I have encountered at Harvey Norman. He would't make eye contact. Wouldn't admit to a lack of knowledge in the areas I needed help. And gave me ridiculously incorrect information! I was offering a sale over $3000 worth of lenses and I was treated like dirt on his shoe. I used to buy all my electrical goods from Harvey Norman but now I'm going to avoid it at all costs. I have also told everyone I know to avoid the shop and pretty much everyone agrees with my reasons.
More Harvey Norman Mackay - Barry Goodwin Complaints & Reviews
- Harvey Norman - lie to facilitate agreement 
- Harvey Norman Malaysia - late delivery and lack of contact between salesman and customer 
- Harvey Norman - bad customer service 
- Harvey Norman - re refunds whatsoever 
- Harvey Norman - saturation advertising! 
- [Resolved] Harvey Norman - non delivery of a purchased item three weeks later - balgowlah store
- Harvey Norman - online purchase
- Harvey Norman - non notification of my goods being ready for collection
- Harvey Norman - washing machine
- Harvey Norman - product care 19088525