Harvey Norman — customer service
About 6 months ago, I went into the store to buy a new laptop. I came out with considerably more and spent $3.500. I did explain to the young man that I am a dinosaur and needed something easy to use and ideally have an expert come to my house and show me how to work everything. I now know I have something called tech2. I called them last week to try and work something out. The man was very pleasant and within 10 minutes, he had everything working. The solution? Switch the laptop off and on again. Tonight I decided to put some information on a Word document and I pressed the icon and it asked for a product key? I call Harvey Norman and they said to ring the tech2 guy. I did and we spent a while going through all the products in boxes I haven't opened yet as I don't know what to do with them... and he was very patient as I sifted through papers and boxes until I finally said 'look its not your fault and its Friday night. You have a nice weekend and I'll do what I normally do and go to the library to use their pc's. I called Harvey N at 5.35 and the woman says 'you may not have bought the microsoft and it might just be an icon'. So, I replied can you check the computer then to see if I did buy it and she said they closed at 5.30 and the computers were switched off.
I say this with honesty - they do not care. Selling things and making money are paramount but customer service is so poor, it's pretty much non-existent. Terrible. Shame on them.
I understand its Friday and people want to go home but how about a little courtesy? A little understanding? Even a suggestion to call tomorrow whenever they open? Or, what would be really lovely? The tiniest glimmer of caring.
More Harvey Norman Complaints & Reviews
- Harvey Norman - lie to facilitate agreement 
- Harvey Norman Malaysia - late delivery and lack of contact between salesman and customer 
- Harvey Norman - bad customer service 
- Harvey Norman - re refunds whatsoever 
- Harvey Norman - saturation advertising! 
- [Resolved] Harvey Norman - non delivery of a purchased item three weeks later - balgowlah store
- Harvey Norman - online purchase
- Harvey Norman - non notification of my goods being ready for collection
- Harvey Norman - washing machine
- Harvey Norman - product care 19088525