Hampton Inn / Unauthorized billing

Last year I was involved with the Cooper River Bridge Race in Charleston, NC. My friend and myself stayed at the Hampton Inn in Mt. PLeasant, SC. The Hotel suggested that I fill out a form giving my name, address, credit card into. and not sure what else. I was told that I would be notified sometime prior to the 09 race in regards to weather I wanted to keep our reservation or not. My friend decided that it was too pricey so we decided to stay with friends who rented a home for that week-end. My husband received our statement for March which had a $200 charge on it for the Hampton Inn in Mt. Pleasant. Needless to say I am very upset with this. The Hoel is refusing to refund this deposit for us. My son is getting married next week in West Orange, NJ. All the guest are staying at one of your properties. Also, we always use Hampton Inn's when we travel. You can imagine my disappointment that the location mentioned will not assist me with this dilemma. I am hoping that someone can assist with this situation.

Lo

Comments

• Dl
      10th of Jul, 2009

Regardless if they failed to call you, YOU made a reservation and didnt cancel it. The phone call is just a courtesy and not required. You are required to cancel it if you do not want the room. You didnt and you were charged for the room they held for YOU and didnt give to someone else. They did the right thing.

• Am
      4th of Aug, 2009

I agree. The same has been done to us this past week. Guest Assistance won't help, the general manager is VERY rude. Is there someone we can go to that is above all these and can we form some boycott or something. To the response about YOU are required to cancel: The man I talked to told me this was not a reservation- and there would be no penalties, charges, no show charges, etc. If he told me this, then why would they still charge me? How else would I know about this penalty, IF NO ONE TOLD ME?

• Ar
      15th of Apr, 2010

There is a 24 hour cancellation policy, if you do not cancel within that 24 hours, then you are a no show charge because the room was held for you and could not be sold to anyone else. They did do the right thing and you honestly have no room to complain.