Hair Club / Scam

Hair Club For Men's "consultant" is nothing but a trashy, smooth-talking salesperson. In the so-called "free consultation", I was informed that their awesome product was not a wig.

Like an idiot, I let the "consultant" rush me into signing their rip-off contract. When their amazing product arrived, it was nothing but a cheap, obviously fake wig stuffed in an envelope!! By the way, she did not tell me that they were going to shave my existing hair till AFTER I was dubbed into signing. What a scam!! I intend to fight this outrage because I'm not dissatisfied, I was just ripped-off.

Va

Comments

• Sc
      17th of Jul, 2008

I had this "system" years back, it was awful i ended up suing them and i won. It is a digrace, and your right they don't tell you a ton of stuff when you first go in. I learned alot from the experience though. Buyer beware and ask questions!!!

7th of Dec, 2010

I wear a wig from the Hair Club, however I know for men they also offer transplant surgery and Minoxidil based shampoos - why do you act like you only had one option?

25th of Apr, 2011

If Sajber is happy with one of their horrible wigs
    that you could spot as a fake from the space shuttle
    good for him, but if they stood behind their product
    they would want to satisfy the unhappy clients
    and offer a solution, even half back would be better
    then the total rip-off they have now.

• Da
      1st of Aug, 2011

I also think that HCM is a big lie from the time you step in the door. I would not recomend it for anyone most of all women. It is a hair piece, wig, ( system, matix, applacation ) they have so many names that you don't know what they are talking about.
    There was 2 of us and consulant, and the 2 of us went out the door thinking and agreeing with each other that we we both understood what the procedure was, the 2 of us were on the same page.
    After the first couple vists things didn't seem right and I started to ask more question and I was directed from one person to another. Each person handle diffrent parts of the procedure and plans. When I put all this togather it was nothing like we were told in the consultation. I asked for a list of products and pricing which was never given. They said I was recieving a discount how do I know I don't know what the price is to begin with. So many thing are wrong about this place there's not enough room to write it down.

Danna Hamilton

11th of Apr, 2012

First of all, I'm a woman. Secondly - you didn't answer my question. Finally, why should a company refund you money that you signed a contract stating you would pay them? If you read what you sign, you won't have a problem.

11th of Apr, 2012

First of all, if they had provided a product that was what they told us
    it was going to be I doubt you would see all of these complaints
    that we have posted. Secondly, they tell you they have a 3 day window
    where you can get your money back if not satisfied,
    and then they find ways to worm out of honoring this warranty. This has
    also been posted and it's amazing that you have missed all of this,
    and if you have one of their wigs why don't you know any of this?
    I was told of my options coming in, i chose the wig because it
    seemed like a viable option at the time, they have a very slick presentation
    that makes their wig look like it really is undetectable, when what you really get is a joke.
    At the time (20 years ago) I had just finished college and i couldn't afford surgery,
    i have since used that option and it was close to $25, 000 by the time they finished,
    but it was well worth it. I wish this forum was in existence 20 years ago, i'm just
    trying to offer advice to people to save them from the same mistake i made,
    whereas the few people who try to sell people on it all sound like they work
    for Hairclub. We have a court system that is clogged with thousands of people suing companies
    who didn't provide what they promised in writing in their contracts, it sounds like this is news to you.

• Ne
      23rd of Oct, 2012

I went to a consultation to Hair Club recently in Burlington, Canada, where a new Hair Club just opened. I thought it was strange to start with, that some one from a call center would call me to confirm my appointment. They said to be sure that I attend the appointment because a consultant would be waiting for me. I was 5 minutes early, but ended up waiting for over 10 minutes before being seen by anyone. Then I filled out an information page, telling them my situation and my expectations. The consultant was friendly and seemed concerned about my hair loss. I noticed that she was pressuring me to join at the end of the consultation because she told me that I needed to get started ''right away'' because I had a chance of saving my hair because it is not too far gone yet. She said the sooner I started, the better. She said I would not be a candidate if I waited another week, and seemed annoyed suddenly. I asked her why not and she said because I would lose more hair by then. How much more hair could I lose in one week to cancel out being qualified for hair treatment?? I was told I would pay $2, 700 plus taxes for a 9 month treatment with their hair products, a laser comb, and monthly intensive treatments at their office. I was also told that I would have to use them ongoing or my hair would shed again. I told her about the products I was using and was told they would not help and that theirs will bc of the ingredients. I was told about their satisfaction guarantee and that although I would not get a refund if it didn't work, I could try something else. By the sounds of it, that 'something else' would be a wig.
    I was told that I have a week to decide to join, otherwise I would no longer be a candidate and could not. I said that I needed to think it over and would make an appointment in a few days. I was troubled by the pressure to join right then, so I decided to research them online. I am so glad that I have done research on the internet regarding Hair Club because it just saved me thousands of dollars that I can not afford. I am still desperate as a woman, to save my hair and stop the shedding, but I also do not want to get ripped off. Thank you to EVERYONE who posted their bad experiences with Hair Club and I am so sorry that you went through your ordeal. Keep posting out there, you are helping others.