Haband / Spam and More!
Haband brands itself as a "conscientious family business serving over 5 million customers direct by US mail since 1925."
While Duke Habernickel was the owner of Haband, the company is no longer a privately held, family-owned business. Currently, the company is owned by Orchard Brands, a parent company that is owned by the private equity firm Golden Gate Capital. Haband still uses Duke Habernickel's face and name in many of its advertisements to customers, but he is no longer involved with the company and does not personally endorse the company's products. Graphic artists simply paste his head-shot into promotions.
As a customer, here is my problem with Haband. They care more about money than providing real value to customers. Product quality has gone downhill over the years. Haband does not make any of its products, since they are direct marketing company and not a manufacturer. As a direct marketer, they will take your name, address, and any other contact information and share it with anyone willing to pay money for it. Before you know it, your junk mail will increase, telemarketing efforts will be relentless, and many companies will know where you live and your buying behavior.
Take a look around the complaints board, and you will surely see that a lot of people feel that Haband is a sub-par company. Merchandising has gone down hill. Products and suppliers have decreased in quality. The marketing department will slam you with junk mail, even after you die. And good luck if you want your contact information removed from their database. You will go around in circles and have to contact the CEO Christian Feuer or the Marketing VP Steve Schlumpf, but even these efforts are likely to go ignored. I spent almost 3 months attempting to get my contact information removed from their mailing list.
Beyond this, Haband does have some good deals every now and then, but they're few and far between. Best of luck!
More Haband Complaints & Reviews
- Haband Perks - Monthly charge without knowledge 
- Haband - No order received 
- Haband - scam 
- Haband - Poor customer service, shipping headaches 
- Haband - Bait & Switch-Unbelievable!!! 
- Haband / Bluestem Brands - failure to return payment for out-of-stock-item.
- Haband / Bluestem Brands - I still don't receive my order of pair of shoes.
- Haband / Bluestem Brands - product not delivered; unauthorized cc charges 
- Haband / Bluestem Brands - haband-1 pair black pumps 
- Haband / Bluestem Brands - request for shipping label for dell laptop computer