Gymboree / returns

1 Sarver, PA, United States Review updated:

I had $300 worth of Gymbucks, which means I spent over $600 to earn the gymbucks. I purchased several items, some of which were their Christmas Holiday dresses & accessories. I do not have a store anywhere near me, so I do all my buying online. I received the merchandise home. One pair of shoes & hat did not fit my daughter. The shoes were too small & the hat was too big. I drove an hour to go to the store to do an exchange. I was denied an exchange because of their ridiculous new return/exchange policy. It says on their receipts & website that they gladly accept returns within 60 days. I called the customer service & their outsourcing compay that they've hired to monitor only their returns. Neither one would help me. I finally went up through the chain of commands at the Gymboree customer service dept., they sent me a pre-paid label for me to return the items to them & they would exchange them for me there. They said that if they didn't have the items, they would credit my card. I told them that I have 3 kids & they are the only company that I shop at, this will no longer be the case. I will NEVER shop there again! I also made a complaint with the BBB regarding fraudulent advertising & filed a complaint with my state's attorney general. I would encourage everyone to do this as well. The only way that we will make Gymboree either advertise their return policy or change it, is to make a stink about it. I think that they will loose a boat load of customers because of this policy. Who would buy anything from a store where they sell only children's clothing & then not be able to return or exchange it if it doesn't fit. Does anyone else share my opinion?

As

Comments

Su
  9th of May, 2012

I'm just curious as to why they denied the return. What part of the policy was ridiculous?