Gym Company / termination of membership

Johannesburg Braamfontein, South Africa Review updated:

I joined the GYM in Braamfontein last year in October however i later on realized the inconvenience as i work in Midrand and live in Boksburg. Within two weeks (the trail period) which i was advised would be for free, i sent communication on the GYM Company website stating that i am cancelling.
I have been receiving messages stating that my account is overdue. After a number of attempts to call back someone finaly answered and i spoke to a lady with attitude by the name of Nolwazi. At first she would not give me her name because "its not necessary" ... She advised that i would have to go to the gym to cancell and i pointed out that i have no time as i stay far from the gym and i also happen to work far from braamfontein hence my cancellation.

Vh
Jan 18, 2017

Comments

31st of May, 2017

Hi there, please drop me an email on [protected]@gmail.com if you would like to sign a petition. A lot of people are complaining about the same thing but does not want to take action against them

• Na
      8th of Feb, 2018

@CherishM Hi there, what is your email address?

• Je
      28th of Feb, 2018

@Naadirah Madhi Read... [protected]@gmail.com

• Am
      29th of Aug, 2018

Hi my name is Precious Khanyi I did join the Gym company for my son but to the poor service that we got from them they promise to send an sms to notify me to collect the membership card access not even a letter they never what pains me its that I did pay for joining fee but now what they do best is keep on deducting my money but I have never receive my son's access card till today.

• Fe
      8th of Dec, 2018

hi
    i signed up because of misleading information, i did not even know it was a 3 year contract .I have never even attended the gym even once.They refuse to cancel my membership and tell me that i need to bring in another member to continue from my account because they losing a client.i do not know what to do because deductions are still going on.its so disappointing to be robbed off like that

• Ka
      2nd of Jan, 2019

I have been living overseas for the last 2 years now and have only been to gym company for 3 months at the beginning, I tried cancelling my membership with proof of my new job contract in the new country, but my request got denied. Now 2 years later I am still paying for an account I never use and I have been debited double for the passed two months. I understand December is for "service fees" but why this month again?