Gutter Helmet / Awful company and its products

How do I put it best... OVERPRICED, DOES NOT WORK, RUINED THE LOOK OF OUR HOME, WOULD NOT RETURN OUR CALLS WHEN IT CLOGGED! Do not waste your time with this product or company. They claim they are owned by a big corporation and thats a good thing. Like any big corporation they treat you like a little guy and never returned any of our calls!!! GUTTER HELMET YOU ARE A JOKE OF A PRODUCT AND A JOKE OF A COMPANY!

They did a killer sales job on us, wish they would spend as much time on customer service as they do sales!

Va

Comments

Wd
  2nd of Dec, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes

There is no attention to the customer's needs and their service manager in the Millersville office, Matt was rude and wouldn't return calls to me. I have now had no gutters on my house for 2 weeks and if there is damage to the helmets because of their lack of attention, I will rip them off myself and go with another company.

Gu
  2nd of May, 2011
Gutter Helmet - it worked, it really worked!
Gutter Helmet
gutterhelmet.com

"I'm the doubter in the Family, but I went out and I looked, and it worked. It really worked." Check http://www.gutterhelmet.com/testimonials.cfm for other testimonials.

Co
  3rd of Jul, 2013

Purchased a house with Gutter Helmet on it. IT DOES NOT WORK!! It says in the ad "never clean your gutters again" & then in the paper work that comes with the product it says that it is the responsibility of the home owner to clean the gutter. Looking to have it removed.

Li
  29th of Jan, 2015

I have to say that I feel like a complete idiot for not looking for all of these spot on complaints before I let the high pressure salesman that came to my house misrepresent the function of the high priced system that I had installed. It worked fine in the first small storm that we got, but it can not keep up with the huge New England storms that we occasionally get. I too have icicles forming where the heated helmets are because of the continuous heating, thawing and refreezing...so pissed off. I wish all of us unhappy and a bit poorer customers could file a class action law suit or something...I totally feel like a misinformed, gullible consumer

5th of May, 2016

DO NOT BUY GUTTER HELMET. They have non-existent customer service, period. They'll take your money, do a crappy install job, and run like the wind and you'll never get them to return a call again. And god forbid that one of the massively giant icicles that form does not fall on your head. You may never have to clean your GUTTERS again, but you'll surely need to climb on your roof to clean THAT off because the gutter helmet blocks smaller leaves and debris from running off the roof. Of course, mine were also installed improperly, so maybe yours will work for you, but don't hold your breath. And watch their installers carefully, because they will not flush or clean your gutters as promised prior to installation- and if your gutters are already clogged, you've just wasted thousands and thousands and THOUSANDS of dollars on these stupid things. This is the absolute worst company I have ever, ever dealt with and if I could, I'd sue them for everything they have. I hate this company with a passion and I would strongly, strongly, strongly advise anyone to just slam the darn door in their face and throw their stupid sales-pitch DVD out after them.