Greentree Servicing / Awful service

GreenTree Servicing
My loan was sold to Greentree from Conseco about 6.5 years ago and since then it has been a nightmare to deal with these people. If you are behind they will use every tactic in the book to try to embarrass or getting a hold of you. They have called neighbors and other people i work with. The have called and threaten my parents and they have called my ex wife's family (2 years after I divorced her and she was never on the loan). I have attempted to pay off chunks of my principle (one payment was 10K) only to have it applied to interest. I finally decided on October 1st that I was going to try to work with HUD and see if I could refinance through the program that Bush signed into law on June 30 2008. HUD was very helpful but GreenTree was not. Since the program is voluntary by the lender they decided to do their own loan mod which would allow me to rent my own house from them for a year, but it would reduce the payments by more than half (4100 to 1800...yes i know it is a lot). They would not send paperwork and asked for 3000.00 before they did anything to my loan. I refused and decided it was at that time i decided to get a lawyer involved. So I hired a real estate lawyer and a general lawyer to fight them. I also decided that i could no longer could afford my home and stopped paying greentree anything. Since I have done this and since my lawyer has contacted them they have become unreachable via email or phone. My legal team has sent notices to the Michigan Attorney General and submitted a request for an investigation to the FHA and HUD into GreenTree's practices. I would also recommend to anyone that gets harrassing phone calls from them to record your conversations with them from now on. Tell them you are recording them and see how their attitude will change. I would recommend that if you are going to go head to head with them you retain legal advice and record every conversation and save every email.

A  1st of Dec, 2009 by
OMG! My loan has just been sold to Green tree and trying to talk to this jerk Joaquin (if that's his real name)was a nightmare. National Mortgage sold my loan to green tree and didn't forward my payment. I'm not late on my morgtgage! Joaquin was rude and nasty, he talked down to me as if I was the worst paying customer. He said " You need to take this matter seriously" and hung up on me. I called back and got the same Jerk on the phone. Everybody join me in sending a complaint letter to Keith Weiskittle Senior Vice President General Manager, Customer Service P.O. Box 6172 Rapid City, Sd 57709-6172 volume may spark an investigation into their Customer Service Dept. worth a try. meanwhile I will look for another bank to take my loan...

In my 35 yrs of buying and selling property I have never had anyone talked down to me like that... :(
N  6th of Feb, 2014 by
My mortgage was sold to green tree from bank of america not that they are good. ever since i spoke to some of the custermer service dept they are very nasty one girl told me why have a mortgage with us if u can pay on time we dont appreciate what your doing how much you get payed a week you better pay the late fees and so on they need to be shut down for investigation something has to be done very nasty people we should call the press put them on tv.
N  6th of Feb, 2014 by
so sad how we the people that run this country get treated
thanks c0nnie i will wright to them as soon as possible