Grand Canyon University / gpa withheld at 2. 9

United States, Phoenix Review updated:
Grand Canyon University
3300 West Camelback Rd
Phone: 602-639-7500
My name is Lennox Beharry. Tel. [protected].Email-lennoxbeharry@ymail.com I attended an MBA COURSE from 9/2009-5/2012 at GCU.It was alleged that 2 assignments were not downloaded and my gpa would remain at 2.9. I offered to complete them but was informed that I had to pay $2139 for the whole course. I was also informed that I was overpaid $2139 I Financial aid for a course I was originally billed for but was found unnecessary for my program. I am retired and disabled, and have been unable to obtain employment since then to resolve these matters
May 28, 2015

N  21st of Jul, 2015 by
Lennox, I too am a MBA student. I'm sorry to hear of your problems with the school, but that doesn't seem to surprise me as I have had nothing but problems with their financial aid department since the second disbursement period. It is possible that an over-award had been processed, and you will need to contact your financial (l. o. a. n.) servicer to resolve this (its actually a fairly easy thing to take care of). As for the other issue, I would suggest contacting the U.S. Department of Education Ombudsman; they might be able to assist you. 1-877-557-2575.

As of late, I have been waiting on the check portion of my award to be sent to me, but as it sits GCU is now not in compliance with regulation Sec. 668.164 on two counts in my case. I will make one more attempt to have their student services to issue the check today, or I will be filing a formal complaint with the U.S. DOE Ombudsman. Moreover, it has occurred to me that withholding these funds from me is basically theft, and there is a possibility that GCU is inflating their financials by holding the students funds. If this is the case, then this would be a clear case of accounting fraud. As a professional accountant that works in both the financial and accounting realm, I am legally and ethically obligated to report such an instance to the SEC's fraud investigations as this company is publically traded. If they refuse to do the correct thing and issue me the check, they can deal with the Federal government units that are there to protect the students, and to protect their investors.

Grand Canyon University [GCU] Logo Grand Canyon University [GCU]