Grand Canyon University / financial aid stipend check

GCU issued the stipend check on 9/20/2017 of $3254, and the incorrect answer was in the system. Which I have totally taken ownership on that issue. I had asked for a stop payment at that time because didn't want someone trying to cash that check. But was told there was a 21 day wait period. Now, during that time was concerned that someone would try to cash that check and I would still be responsible for paying that loan money back. Now, I am told that the stop payment was requested but I can not find out status or when a new check will be issued. I really don't understand why there are so many vague answers.

Ki
Oct 14, 2017

Comments

• Ta
      1st of Nov, 2017

When do you usually get your stipend check? Because I have asked and haven't received an answer. Do it usually take a month?

• La
      31st of May, 2018

I wanna know too

• Sk
      26th of Jul, 2018

@ladyjae about 3 weeks to a month, once u go to the student ledger and see an amount in ( ) you know you have a balance, and its usually sent out after 14 days after it post to your student ledger

• To
      13th of Oct, 2018

@skye35 What is disappointing is I banked on the financial aid for books an expenses. I didn't get any funds until I completed my first class online and was half way through my 2nd class online before I got it. If I hadn't paid extra for urgent processing, it would have been well over 2 months before I received my funds

9th of Aug, 2018

My stipend said an amount and now it says $0. Does that mean it was sent?

12th of Aug, 2018

@Jacy Sifuentes Yes. Depending on where you are in the US it can take 2 to 5 days. I am in Tennessee and if they mail on a Monday I receive it on a Saturday.

• Pa
      17th of Aug, 2018

@Mandy Hannah-Lulo Mine went to 0 this past Tuesday. Did it get mailed that same day and I live in Florida and it hasn’t came yet and it’s friday.

• Cr
      21st of Aug, 2018

@Pamela lee brown Have you received yet check yet?

• Al
      7th of Sep, 2018

I’m Waiting On Mine It Hasn’t Came Yet Either My Financial Aid Posted On The 6th Just Waiting For Check a To Post

10th of Sep, 2018

@Alliyuah Reeves Same here my financial aid posted on the 5th and my counselor just told me I would receive the check by the 26th which I don't think is true.

15th of Sep, 2018

@Champaigne Hall My balance just went to 0 yesterday

• Ta
      8th of Sep, 2018

Does anyone know how often stipend checks are disbursed? Some say after every 2 classes but I’m not so sure...

• Da
      9th of Oct, 2018

@Tah-tiana Did you get an answer to your question, because I'm wondering the same thing?

• Dj
      17th of Sep, 2018

Did anyone ever get theirs and how long does it take for it to post to your account?

• To
      13th of Oct, 2018

@Dj2018 It is an extremely SLOW process. I ended up having to go to my bank and apply for a personal loan to buy books because I couldn't get my financial aid in time to buy books.

• Ne
      25th of Sep, 2018

My account is in the negative, what does that mean?

• Ju
      27th of Sep, 2018

@neeah That means that the financial aid you've been awarded has hit your account. Your school expenses have been paid for and if their is a refund check it will be made out to you. The negative is the amount of your refund stpend check that will be mailed to you within 30 days from the time you noticed it had the negative sign.