Goodman Manufacturing Hvac / Lemon Product

This company should be investigate for their products. More and more contractors are installing this product because of its lack of quality and ensuing additional charges they are able to charge. My units units are less than 5 years old. Have lost 2 compressors, several boards, and leaking coil. I tried to contact the contractor (Prentis Alsup) he wouldn't extend the warranty and said they were not going to sell the product anymore. Tried through Goodman, followed their requested process and never heard a word back. Called them again and was told to get lost. If someone knows about a class action suit, I would like to know about it. LEMON LAW?

Comments

• Th
      12th of May, 2011

I'm a licensed HVAC contractor in the Houston area who occasionally sells
    Goodman equipment and I can honestly say that Goodman is just as Good as any other brand, they use the exact same compressor as Carrier, Rheem or Trane, same for all the other misc parts such as fan motors, capacitors, relays ect.. ect.. are all the same and are usually made in China or Mexico.
    the key to a long lasting HVAC system is having it installed by someone who knows what they're doing then having it serviced atleast once a year in the spring and preferably once in the fall to.
    Steve Spears
    Spears AC & Heating TACLB 27674E

• Co
      5th of Apr, 2012

We too have a LEMON Amana product, or should say, HAD as it went to the landfill yesterday. Amana Heatpump, started breaking down at two years with coil leaking and had to be replaced, compressor went out and replaced, contactor and wires burned, had electrical issues and never knew when it would run or wouldn't run. No help at all from Goodman's. Basically told me to get lost. Local dealer was ready to throw up his hands and quit servicing it, as he couldn't find the problem. Tech Rep was supposed to come and go throught the whole unit. He won't return calls, emails, or make an appointment. Believe me, we are bad-mouthing this piece of junk everywhere we can. Happy day yesterday when the crane took it off the roof and replaced it with a beautiful RHEEM. Should have bought this in the first place. THIS AMANA JUNK WAS ONLY 3 YEARS OLD WHEN WE REPLACED IT!!