Goodman Manufacturing / Junk service

This A/C U.S.A company is producing total crap

and ripping off the consumer, and unable to

stand behind their american A/C cheap product

please help and voice your c/o to [protected]

if there is a lemon law for an a/c yes, I would like

to know coz GOODMAN says, they only deal w/ a/c service

tech and not us consumers, if this is the case,

then they shouldn't be

selling there products in the U.S.A, correct?

this is why one should purchase an LG product

if made right; one you can stand behind GOODMAN!

Ma

Comments

• La
      31st of Oct, 2012
    Goodman Manufacturing - Goodman heater junk
    Goodman Manufacturing

I replaced my AC and heater unit 8 Aug 2012. When it started getting cold (30 Sep 12) I tried turning my heater on and it did not work. I contacted the contractor and he came the next day and fixed it. On 7 Oct 12, when I woke up, I noticed that he house was cold. I check the heater and noticed that it was not working. I contacted the contractor again and he told me that he could not come because he was installing a unit in West Virginia. After been cold all day, I contacted another Goodman’s certified repairman to come fix the heater the following day (8 Oct 12). The repairman checked the heater out and said that the Gas Valve in the heater was bad and needed replacing. He charged me $69 for the visit and quoted me a labor charge of $225 to install another Gas Valve; the quoted price was for labor only, the parts was under warrantee. He suggested that I contact the installer and have him replace the valve free of charge. I again contacted the contractor who came the same day (8 Oct 12). He checked the heater and came up with the same diagnoses that the gas valve was not working. The following day (9 Oct 12), I had to contact the installer and remind him to order the gas valve. He then text me three times requesting my last name, the model and serial number and later to inform me that he had to come to the house and remove and take the defective gas valve with him. On (10 Oct 12) I again contacted the contractor who informed me that it will take 2 days to get the parts. Concerns – I have 7 other relatives living with me; 4 are children, the youngest is 7 months old, two are 3 years old and the other is 4 years old. I have been using the oven and a gas fireplace to keep part of the house warm. I am concern about my gas and electric bill. I went out and bought 2 space heaters to keep the basement comfortable which is where the 4 children and their mother sleeps. Who is responsible for the cost of the repairs? What action can be taken for reimbursement on my gas & electric bill? This problem is due to faulty manufacturing part on the heater, Request reimburse for the cost incurred of keeping my family warm.- Request payment of my gas and electric bill (unknown at this time) estimated $500 – $700). I attribute the full cost to pain, suffering and inconvenience to family.- I would like to be reimburse for the cost of 2 space heaters ($150).- I would like Gooman to pay (the contractor) cost for the repair of the heater (unknown at this time). Also the d $69 listed above. On 20 Oct 2012; the heater was finally fixed. The contractor contacted 2 other contract company to come work on the heater and M.E. FLOW INC., finally got it working.

10/29/2012 – I just wanted to add that it seems my heater is inoperative again. I woke up this morning to a cold house, I tried starting the heater at the thermostat and it did not start. I contacted the contractor again, who is sending someone today to take a look at it. So, here I am again with this problem AGAIN!!!.

The contractor (Ramon Trejo) sent a repairman from M.E. FLOW INC., Alexandria VA 22306, to come work on the heater. About an hour later, he came and informed me that the heater is currently working, however, he had to rig the molex plug that connects the motherboard to the gas valve in order to make the unit work. He said that both the molex plug and the gas valve will need to be replaced and the fix is just a temporary fix and did not know how long it will hold. I informed him that the gas valve was replaced 2 weeks ago.

For a brand new unit, the reliability and poor workmanship of this heater is totally unacceptable; compounded with 40 and 50 degree weather outside. I have my 4 grandchildren living with me, ages 8 months, 3 and 4 years old; I also have my 3 daughters living with me. I had a heater in my house that was not giving me any problems. Since I was having AC problem, I decided to upgrade to a better more efficient AC and heating system. This heating system has been everything but reliable. This is the 3rd time since it’s installation in August that I have had to call the contractor for repair of the heater. Is this an idea of what I can expect in the future or is the manufacture of this inferior unit going to take the responsibility and have it replaced at their expense? How much more hardship can I expect?

10/30/2012 – THE TEMPORARY FIX FOR THE HEATER DID NOT WORK FOR LONG… THE HEATER IS NOT WORKING AGAIN ! ! !

• Da
      12th of Mar, 2014

2 1/2 year old inside coil is leaking my local contractor said they have replaced well over a hundred of them and has since quit carrying thier brand.( I would not advise buy this product) they need to own up to this a make things right!