[Resolved] Goldcar Car Hire Spain

scam

4.8
Goldcar
Spain
In sept we travelled to malaga and hired a vw toran 7 seater from goldcar, there were 6 in the party so needed the extra seats. We were only there for a long weekend and just used the car to travel from and back to the airport. When we dropped the car off we asked for it to be checked but they only checked the fuel. Back in england my friends credit card bill arrived with an additional charge of £1861.66 after several calls and emails it transpired that we were being accused of stealing the 2 rear seats. This was unbelievable as we did not under any circumstances remove any seats from the car. We have asked goldcar to check the cctv as this will show we were all sat on a seat when we drove into the airport, but they refuse to do this. Goldcar have produced a receipt printed on plain paper (no letter heading) for £883.39 so we have had a refund of £978.27. My friends credit card co (Marks and spencer) will not help. Goldcar have said this is the end of the matter and will not issue a refund so I feel the need to let as many people as possible know about this terrible company. Do not use goldcar rentals!

Resolution statement

GoldCar Rental Customer Care's Response, Dec 12, 2013
Dear Travelgurl,

Goldcar doesn´t fake charges and we would take legal action on false accusations of any kind.

Just 3 quick points:

1) Those charges have nothing to do with Goldcar, as we explained you in private, but even though that, we have taken the time to make a research in google, in order to find it corresponds to a Club Resort in a place called "Los Belones" which is situated in direction to "Cartagena" (village name), that´s why you see "Los Belones Car" in your bank statement.
This Club Resort appears to be your local residence in Murcia according to the information you provide us when checking in with Goldcar.

2) We have never charged a deposit of 6000 euros to any client ever. We assume you misspelled an extra 0 on it.

3) It´s completely fine with us to display our internal records with your reservation details in which the amount of charges, dates and time do not fit with your claiming at all, as well as Goldcar does not accept American Express cards, which made it impossible, at the first place for us to make these charges.

We hope you get the time to contact the company which charged you, and finally get to clarify it properly.

Yours Sincerely,
Goldcar Rental
GoldCar Rental Customer Care's Response, Jan 14, 2014
Dear Gordon Streeter,

Thanks for your comment, please let me introduce a different point of view:

- We repair all vehicles at official dealers, you as an experienced mechanic may know the difference of prices that may be charged.

- Take into account that we must add to the price of the repairment, the cost of not being able to rent this vehicle during a number of days. This cost may be higher loss than the repairment itself.

Regarding fuel, since a couple of weeks ago, unused fuel reimbursement now apply to ALL reservations. The amount charged for fuel always includes other services as refuelling, quick drop off etc..

Thanks again for your feedback., it helps us to improve.

Best Regards,

Goldcar Representative.
GoldCar Rental Customer Care's Response, Jun 10, 2014
Dear Martena Smith,

Unfortunately, the problem you experienced with a long queue at our Almería airport
check-in counter is not easy to solve. As you mentioned, queues are due to the large amount of customers we receive all at once (on the same airplane, or even several in case of delays or high season traffic). Every airport has certain restrictions on the amount of staff and computers we can employ, thus the congestion. Nevertheless,
we have begun to open auxiliary desks during the summer season (Alicante, Palma de Mallorca and Málaga for the time being).

Furthermore, we highly recommend Online Check-in and Priority Check-in (available on
our website, https://www.goldcar.es/en/). We have currently added the option of buying any extras you may need or choosing you fuel plan online, which also accelerates the process.

We are very glad to hear that your past experiences hiring with us were satisfactory. We
are sending promotional codes to reward our loyal and return customers, so that they can benefit from discounts and other courtesies. Please send us an email at goldcarweb@goldcar.com so that we can send you one. Hopefully you will reconsider renting a car with us on your next visit.

Kindest Regards,

GoldCar Rental Customer Care's Response, Jun 30, 2014
Dear neil morris,
I am not sure you realize that what you suggest is preposterous. Not only would our customers be putting their safety in danger (the last thing any of us want), but it would also bring very serious legal consequences.
Regarding your accusations, we are currently doing our best to answer all customer complaints and doubts regarding our services to solve this issue as soon as possible. It is in our best interest to have informed and satisfied customers.
GoldCar Rental Customer Care's Response, Jun 30, 2014
Dear neil morris,

Please send us your reservation number at goldcarweb@goldcar.com so that we may investigate and try to solve what in particular caused you to be dissatisfied with our services.
GoldCar Rental Customer Care's Response, Jul 18, 2014
Dear Mr. Stockfleth,
Please send us your reservation number at goldcarweb@goldcar.com so that we may review your fuel reimbursement. Customers are always refunded for the exact amount of petrol they return, so this is highly irregular. Please take into consideration that the fuel charge includes a small handling fee for our Fast Return Service. This allows our customers to not have to worry about refueling close to the office before returning the car and to not have to wait for it to be inspected. Also, please note that customers have the option of leaving a deposit on their card (“unfrozen” by their bank 15-20 days after the return of the vehicle) if they don’t want to buy full insurance.
GoldCar Rental Customer Care's Response, Jul 28, 2014
Dear Ron y,
The cars we offer are available for consultation on our webpage (Fleet tab), as well as on our FB page. In particular, here is a picture of one of our Volkswagen Passat.
Regarding our insurance policies, please understand that we cannot hand out a vehicle without making sure that any possible damages will be covered for. The deposit varies depending on the type of car, location and season, as does the full tank of fuel. This is available for consultation on our webpage. Also, please note that even after adding insurance and the full tank of fuel, our prices are very reasonable and economical.
scam
GoldCar Rental Customer Care's Response, Aug 07, 2014
Dear Laoise,
We are sorry to hear that your rental experience with us was not satisfactory. Please take into consideration that the price advertised online is only the basic rental charge. We offer a pre-purchase fuel plan where a full tank of fuel is bought at destination and unused fuel is later refunded (minus a handling and administration fee for our Fast Return Service). Thanks to this service, customers don’t have to worry about refuelling close to the office before returning the vehicle nor wait for it to be inspected. Anything else is optional, like our full coverage, which is offered as an alternative to leaving a deposit on customers’ credit cards.
GoldCar Rental Customer Care's Response, Oct 30, 2014
Dear Paulgill,
We are very sorry to hear that you were dissatisfied with our services. I am not sure if you were contacted by our Customer Services department, but the Special Cleaning fee you were charged was refunded the 22/08.
Our apologies for the inconveniences caused and for the condition of the vehicle you were given. Please believe that it is highly irregular; offering top rate cars is our number one priority, 70% of our +37.000 car fleet is renewed annually.
GoldCar Rental Customer Care's Response, Nov 04, 2014
Dear Tometuna,
We apologize for not answering your emails, your complaint is being processed. Please send me your reservation number at goldcarweb@goldcar.com so that I may personally review your contract and any observations that may be noted regarding the return of the vehicle. I will get back to you ASAP.
GoldCar Rental Customer Care's Response, Jul 03, 2015
Dear Sashsolar,

As per our response on other forums, Please note that our basic coverage always contemplates an excess (please see our T&Cs). If customers have third party coverage, such as yourself, they can request a refund from them in case of damages. Additional insurance is offered for customers’ peace of mind and always as an alternative to blocking a deposit on a credit card.

We are trying to solve the waiting time issue by opening auxiliary offices. We are also doing daily schedules to serve our customers in the fastest possible way depending on the number of bookings at every moment of the day. Also, please note that a Priority Check-in service is available for a reasonable extra fee.

We are surprised to hear that the vehicle you were given was not in optimal condition. Offering top rate vehicles is our number one priority, which is why 70% of our +37, 000 car fleet is renewed annually. We are an international company with offices in Spain, Portugal, Italy, Andorra, Malta and Morocco, serving more than 1 million customers a year (1% of which complain online).

GoldCar Rental Customer Care's Response, Jul 24, 2015
Dear Leonard,

We are sorry to hear that your rental experience with us was not as expected. We apologize for the waiting time issue at the counter; we are starting to open auxiliary offices during high season and we try to organize our rental staff’s schedule in the most efficient way possible. Please note that our basic rental fee does not include comprehensive insurance coverage, it is a CDW (collision damage waiver) with excess. Our customers have the option of blocking a deposit or purchasing additional coverage (Relax Cover: http://bit.ly/1GJf1rv, http://bit.ly/1MraL8g ). Please note that, even with additional coverage, our rates are among the most competitive in the market.
We thank you for your feedback; customer comments help us to constantly improve our services.

GoldCar Rental Customer Care's Response, Sep 28, 2015
Dear Paul,
Please send us your contract number at goldcarweb@goldcar.com if you would like us to review anything. We are very surprised that the vehicle you were given was not in optimal condition; offering top-rate vehicles is our number one priority, which is why more than 70% of our cars are renewed annually.
GoldCar Rental Customer Care's Response, Nov 26, 2015
Dear Peter,
I am very surprised of what you mention. Regarding coverage, the official and continuous procedure for our rental staff at the counter is offering the two options available. They offer our Relax Cover, covering the excess, as well as the option of blocking a deposit on the customer’s card to cover any possible damages during the rental period. This is explained on our webpage and on the brokers’ we work with; if customers purchase third party coverage, such as yourself, they still need to block a deposit and can later request a refund from them. Our Relax Cover charge is also specified in the contract you signed and the invoice you were given.
GoldCar Rental Customer Care's Response, Jan 27, 2016
Hello All,

Please feel free to contact me directly at goldcarweb@goldcar.com in regards to your situations. I would be more than glad to personally look into your cases and resolve them.

GoldCar Rental Customer Care's Response, Feb 04, 2016
Dear Sverken Caron,

Please feel free to email me at goldcarweb@goldcar.com so I may look into what seems to be a highly unusual case. I'd be more than happy to help.

GoldCar Rental Customer Care's Response, Feb 08, 2016
Dear Gerdy B,

I would be more than happy to help you. Which email address did you use? I replied in the other thread with my email address. Just please make sure to send your Goldcar reservation number so I may be of assistance.

GoldCar Rental Customer Care's Response, Jun 17, 2016
Dear Amanda and Angela,

Please note we always tell our customers to mark any damage present on the car at the time of collection in order to not charge for those when the car is returned back.

If you have any questions please contact me at goldcarweb@goldcar.com with your query and I will answer ASAP.

GoldCar Rental Customer Care's Response, Aug 01, 2016
Dear Customer,

We appreciate that you have shared this information. We will speak to that office regarding what seems to be a highly unusual case.

GoldCar Rental Customer Care's Response, Aug 10, 2016
Dear Eddie,

Please note that Goldcar services have highly improved since 2012. The company is evolving day by day to meet customer's expectations and to provide the best customer experience. We invite you to check all the improvements that we have implemented by booking with us again.

GoldCar Rental Customer Care's Response, Sep 26, 2016
Dear Jeremy,

Thanks for sharing your experience with us.

You can open a formal claim on this link: https://www.goldcar.es/en/incidencias/ and our Customer Service will deal with your case directly.

We are sorry that our service didn't match your expectations. Please note that Goldcar does maintenance work to every car before delivering it to a customer.

Goldcar representative
Complaint comments Comments (52) Complaint country Spain Complaint category Car Rental

Comments

N  30th of Jun, 2017 by    0 Votes
The 20th of June 2017 I rented a car at Goldcars website. It said clearly that I must pay 2.699, 10 SEK. I thought that it was a very good price so I booked (picture proof exist of this deal). When I checked the booking confirmation it said that it would cost 399, 66 €. I know that this is not near 2.699, 10 SEK so I contacted them immediately (because the website translated currency incorrectly which resulted in the price 2.699, 10 SEK). I was asked to contact their mail cs@goldcar.es. No response. The 21th of June 2017 I was debited 4.112, 70 SEK by Goldcar for the rental. This is not 2.699, 10 SEK that I agreed. Pictureproof from the 20th exist and I have also saved the websites code as proof, proving they showed the wrong number and charged 4.112, 70 SEK. I live in Sweden so I will just contact the local police but if anyone in Spain want this case I gladly help to sue this company for not refunding me after 7 phonecalls and 3 unanswered e-mails. Bookingnumber: 11944447. (Notice the OneWay, it is 150 SEK, should be 150 €).

A  15th of Jun, 2017 by    0 Votes
Hidden charges. Foul play. Awful customer service. No attempt to highlight hidden charges or resolve.

We reserved our car online. We wanted to leave a deposit of £1, 400 not pay the NON-REFUNDABLE £300 odd for "super relax cover". However, at the desk they charged us this anyway without disclosing it and refused to refund it. They also took the liberty of charging us an ADMIN FEE of £70 odd for the quarter tank of fuel we used + the premium cost of the fuel. Absolutely unwilling to negotiate despite our complaints both whilst in Mallorca and to head office since home. Might I add no damage was done to the car so they have kept the £400 as pure profit on top of the hire cost. DISGRACEFUL. DO. NOT. USE. We are taking them to trading standards.

This company could be compared to the practice of that of a con-artist. No attempt to resolve. A HUGE profit made from the hire of our two cars.

We are taking this to Trading Standards and the EU equivalent. I suggest you all do the same!!

Booking no. 11374256 / 11374240
N  16th of Feb, 2017 by    0 Votes
You can claim compensation here https://www.weclaim.com/actions/claim_goldcar_uk
N  9th of Sep, 2016 by    +1 Votes
Victoria

On 18 August we hired a car from Castellon and dropped it off on 2 September in Jerez. On arrival at Jerez your representative noted that the front wheel had been changed as it did not have the wheel trim. He then inspected the spare wheel in the boot, which clearly had a gaping hole in it. He initially accused us of causing the damage but he eventually appeared to accept that we had collected the car in the same condition. It transpires, then, that Goldcar hired us a car that was not roadworthy and, therefore, illegal. I have already lodged a formal request for a refund but one week later.
I have a photo of the punctured tyre and can supply it if required.

N  1st of Aug, 2016 by    +1 Votes

Gold Cars - Over charging and Dishonest
Gold Cars
Portugal
goldcar.es

In August 2012 I made a very stupid mistake I entered into a car hire contract with the company "GoldCars" Never again. Apart from the usual scam of over charging they are rude and dishonest. When I gave them my opinion that they are giving Portugal a bad name they replied to me with the following response. "We don't care we are Spanish"
Apart from the above in Portugal on the main route down to the Algarve they have introduced a Toll system and last year it was very confusing what one should do to pay the toll. Any way I made every attempt to pay my toll but the Post office wanted to also charge me for the Tolls appointed to the vehicle for the people who used the vehicle the weeks previous to me. Despite the fact that I produced the documents that proved the date and time at which I collected and returned the vehicle. As it was not possible for either the Post office or Gold Car to separate the charge I refused to pay. I wrote a letter and asked both Post office and Gold car to sign that I had made every attempt to settle my charges.
In September 2012 I wrote a letter of complaint to Gold car about several issues and received a reluctant refund in my letter I also mentioned the toll charge and they advised me that the matter was closed.
Yesterday August 26th 2013 I received an email from Goldcar that went into my "Junk" a good jog I checked the email as it advised me they wanted to invoice my account an administration charge for giving the Portuguese authorities my details.
I keep good records and traced back which credit card I paid them with (M&S) so I contacted them. It transpires that on the 24th August 2013 they invoiced my credit card for the administration cost without my knowledge. This was 12 months after they advised me the matter was closed.
Please everyone DO NOT USE GOLDCAR be warned they are a devious and dishonest company with no morals.

Kind regards

Eddie
N  11th of Jul, 2016 by    +1 Votes
wish i had read these before i rented a Goldcar almost new Ford Fiesta in Majorca for 5 days...1100 euro block on my credit card...they have STOLEN 250 euros from my CC for repairs to a broken front lock...the car was almost brand new with less than 6000km on the clock...i had no problems at all with the central locking/manual or remote key...this is a complete SCAM...and is yet to be resolved!
A  2nd of Mar, 2016 by    +1 Votes
we too were scammed by goldcar at Almeria airport .we were charged 89 euros for petrol, wanted over 100 euros for insurance which we refused so were charged 1200 euros on our credit card until we returned the car.
we were given the keys so we got in the car nobody took us to it and checked it over so we did not suspect anything at the time... BIG MISTAKE !!!
we drove it to our hotel and parkedit.
we did not use the car again all week as we had estate agents driving us round looking at properties.
we went back to the car the day before we were coming home and to our horror noticed a scrape on the right wing, phoned goldcar to inform them of this and were told not to worry would get sorted next day.we returned the car and immediately the woman took photos of the scrape.
we were told we were going to be charged 365 euros for the damage which in sterling was 300, in this price was a refund for petrol too.goldcar took the money from my credit card but told me the payment had not gone through so she said she had to do it again.
on return home I checked my credit card online they had taken the 300 for the damage and also another £288 !!!
I contacted my credit card company and they told me the only payment by chip and pin was £300, so god knows how they had also taken a payment for £288.altogether they have taken over £740 for a five day trip.
ABSOLUTE SCAMMERS PEOPLE BEWARE BEWARE BEWARE.
THIS IS NOW IN THE HANDS OF MY CREDIT CARD COMPANY
GOLDCAR SHOULD BE PROSECUTED FOR THE FRAUDULENT COMPANY THAT THEY ARE !!!
N  1st of Mar, 2016 by    +1 Votes
A BIG DISAPPOINTMENT
After at least 15 years of hiring cars from both Almeria and Alicante airport I have just returned home feeling totally ripped off. Up to now I have had no complaints using hire cars from Goldcar; cars have always been good quality and I have never had any problems when returning the hire car. This time I had a very different experience which has left me feeling unable to trust Goldcar ever again.
It all started when we collected a Ford Fiesta reg no 5652 JGL. We found the car was covered in minor scratches and some of the paintwork was chipped especially around the rear lights on noticing this, we gave the car a thorough inspection and could find no major dents or damage. I went back to the desk in Almeria airport and was told that provided the chipped paint areas did not exceed 5cm in diameter it was fine. So we left with confidence and had a lovely week at our holiday home in Alfaix. So far so good.
On returning to the airport on 25th February the nightmare began. We were confronted by Helen armed with an iPad or similar. She checked that we had filled up with fuel...tick. The. She proceeded to go round the car and also noticed the chipped paint near the rear lights. I told her what I had been told on collection of the vehicle so she then said she would gave a measure and went back into the airport terminal. 15 minutes later she returned and agreed that the chips were within the 5cm limit...tick. The. She proceeded immediately to the front bumper, getting on her hands and knees and finally locating some scratches on the underside of the front bumper. She said we were liable and would have our credit card charged with 200 euros. We said that we had not been anywhere, or parked anywhere where such damage could have occurred and the damage must have been there when we collected the car. Being in effect "out of sight", without scrambling around under the car, we felt that she knew that the damage was already there as she seemed to go straight to this area of the after returning from the office.
We know it is our responsibility to inspect the car on collection, but without putting the car on a ramp, it would have been almost impossible to find this damage on collecting the car. What if the hirer of the car had been elderly and unable to get down on all fours and inspect this area?
In the office, Helen proceeded with the paperwork and said that we would not be out of pocket as we can claim on our own insurance. She also mentioned that car rentals were so cheap at the moment (she said 4 euros a day which we did not pay ...we paid nearer 10 euros a day) so we were still getting cheap car hire. She then said Europcar were charging people for damage far in excess of what we were being charged. Why would she say these things. Did she feel she had to quantify what she was now asking us to pay?
I am wondering whether the damage in question is now being repaired r if not, that any future contracts for hire for this particular vehicle are showing this damage on the paperwork?
As Helen is available on the day cars are returned, and flights into Almeria are on the same day, why can't she be available with her iPad to deal with any queries hirers have when collecting vehicles.
We feel that we were targeted because we had not taken out the excess insurance through your offices.
As we are now flying more frequently into Almeria, before returning the car we had considered joining the Goldcar Club but this experience has left us feeling ripped off.
For your information our reservation number was 9253719.
Amanda W
N  5th of Feb, 2016 by    +1 Votes
Never book a car at Goldcar !
And definately DO NOT TRUST VICTORIA R. !!! She is just pretending to help. I tried to contact her after she offered to help me with my problem on another website. She just doesn't answer my emails. This is just another scam from Goldcar. Pretending to be nice and helpful on different websites but actually doing nothing at all.
N  3rd of Feb, 2016 by    0 Votes
We hired a car last weekend at Goldcar in Malaga Airport. We are now charged by credit card 3 (THREE) times for the same car. They also refused to sign that the car was ok when I returned it, though I had to sign that it was ok before I had checked the car. 57% extra fee (€40) because I picked it up efter 11PM, and on top of that I was charged €73 on some currency exchange on the deposit. And this on a car hire that was €69 in total from the beginning. It is my most expensive car hire ever in my life. NEVER EVER HIRE A CAR FROM GOLDCAR!
N  8th of Jan, 2016 by    0 Votes
I picked up Goldcar from Tenerife south. On journey to my destination I noticed car only half full but decided I could not be bothered to go back. I filled up 2 miles from airport on return to drop car off so car was full on return. Goldcar now present me with 40 euros charge for not returning full which it was. So I find I have been ripped off on 2 counts. Beware be very aware.
N  26th of Nov, 2015 by    0 Votes
Dear Victoria
Thanks for reply, as stated before I was NOT informed of Relax Cover or any other option. | I was NOT offered the two options available.
The contract/invoice is not printed until a signature is signed so I had NO opportunity to read it before I signed. Why would I want excess and damage insurance when I am already covered with iCarhireinsurance.com. I can email you my policy cover to prove I have excess/damage cover.

Peter
N  25th of Nov, 2015 by    0 Votes
Hired a car in Tenerife last week with Goldcar. Not informed or offered extra insurance which I would have declined as I have car hire insurance through iCarhireinsurance.com. Charged £109.66 for 7 days insurance which I did not need. Have emailed Goldcar but have received a standard reply. Contract number is 8886394 for Victoria the Goldcar representative if that helps
Peter Jeffery
A  7th of Sep, 2015 by    0 Votes
Goldcar screwed me too!
How many complaints about fraudulent malpractise do this scumb@g company have to commit before someone in authority does something about it. What do they do all day in the European Parliament? Shouldn't they be protecting consumers against these rogues. Unfortunately the man on the street gets screwed over time and again! If you know your MEP, give him/her a right earful and tell them to get off their fat over fed a$$es and do something to earn their money, rather than debating the size and shape of imported bananas and such like.

Never ever be tempted to use this outfit. Also beware when booking through an online broker... insist you are told who the supplier is. Cancel if it's Goldcar.

Just as an example a picture of one the fine cars they forced me and my family to rent in Italy. Not a panel left unmarked.
N  16th of Jul, 2015 by    0 Votes
I booked a car a Ford C-Max through Goldcar to collect at Mallorca Airport on Saturday 27th June 2015.at 12.30 pm. I was in the queue for almost two hours and the booking process took about 25 minutes even though I had booked the drivers in on line.
It was over lunch time and the staff went off to take lunch and no lunch time cover was provided so six staff were reduced to one or two staff members for most of the time. Priority bookings cause further delay with people being able to jump the queue.
I was told they had 800 cars booked out.
I had full comprehensive insurance cover booked through Goldcar.
At the end of the booking in process I was told there is one further matter; I was told I had to leave a deposit of Euros 1, 200 against damage to the car or pay an insurance premium of Euros 120.00. I was told I had to be warned Goldcar would deduct Euros 100 for every small scratch they found.
I paid the Euros 120 otherwise we would not have got the car. It brought the cost up to about the same as reputable companies
Even though I was 2 hours late collecting it the car was not ready and no one could find the key.
One reason for the delay was the people at the front complaining about the delay and poor service and the additional insurance charge.
Leonard Crane Hook Hampshire
N  30th of Jun, 2015 by    0 Votes
Ok, I tend to be a fair person and rarely over exaggerate, but really, this was the worst customer service ever (and I am not talking just car hire. ... ever).
So, after two beautiful days in Lisbon, we came to the Lisbon International airport to pick up our pre-booked, pre-paid car from Goldcar. And it was a shock to see a long queue to their desk, a queue that span through a long corridor with some people standing outside on the sun. People with small children, older people, families, many are tired after their flights. People at the start of the queue were waiting for five hours to get there.
First we've attempted to cancel the booking and re-book with one of other companies (prices there were a bit higher, but no queues outside their desks). But you couldn't cancel that pre-paid rate... we've tried using their online check in option hoping it'd speed up or process. No success. .. We called Holiday Autos, our broker, they couldn't do anything for us. Over one hundred people were trapped in the queue.
We started queuing at 14:00 and got our car at 18:00.
Once we reached the desk, the hidden charge saga has started. No wonder why every client took them so long to process: almost every client was arguing, asking questions, complaining. Some were coming back after getting their keys and checking the cars. One couple had to come back as their Fiat Punto was missing a side mirror :-)...
Of course there was a push to buy a very expensive CDW insurance from them. Because we had a third party insurance, we had to go, check our car, mark all the damages (ourselves), bring the paper back after waiting in another, but shorter, queue. And as an additional punishment for not buying their CDW, we were told we had to stand in this long queue again to drop off the car at the end of our rental :-) this is not acceptable.
The car itself was relatively new, but had a lot of scratches. I wonder if we didn't notice anything at the beginning of our rental. Would they claim we are liable?..
I expect a lady from Goldcar will respond to this review saying she is so sorry we had such a terrible experience, but this won't change anything. The queue will still be there so will the hidden charges and rude, tired, stressed staff at thier desks.
I do not recommend this provider.Pay a little more and choose another company. Beware and stay away from the Goldcar!
N  7th of Nov, 2014 by    0 Votes
Ok, thanks to Victoria R I finally got the news I was waiting for: I'm not suspected for stealing a car from Goldcar. It was all a mistake and the only complain I have is that it took so long to get answers. But I'm really happy that I'm not have to think about this anymore.
N  4th of Nov, 2014 by    0 Votes
Me and my family have used Goldcar several times and have - until now - newer had any issues with them. But now we have ended up in a worst case scenario for beeing accused of stealing one of their cars. We did a quick drop off at Malaga Airport and handed over the carkeys to a person at the garage-office. Everything went smoothly and we checked in to our flight back home to Sweden. One day after returning the car I got an email from Goldcar telling me that the contract had expired and I was requested to return the car as soon as possible. Which I already had done! They charged me for 40€ from my creditcard which was a penalty for not returning the car which - of course - was returned. In the email they asked me to contact them as soon as possible which I did, I called the telephonenumber in the email but the person I talked to explained I was calling the wrong instance. I had to answer by email and have now (3 weeks later) emailed and emailed without any reponses. There's no headquarter or no other telephonenumber to contact Goldcar, just an emailadress to contact them - and they don't respond (I've tried with three different emailadresses). I've contacted the swedish police and other helpful instances so that I'm prepared if they should go any further.
I've newer in my whole life met a more irresponsible company! First accusing me for stealing one of their cars and then not respond to my emails. I've details over the course of event and my wife and son are witness to all of this. I adwise no one in the whole world to use Goldcar! Stay away from them and use a serious car-rental company!
N  16th of Aug, 2014 by    0 Votes
Just returned from Spain where I had the misfortune to use goldcar at Alicante airport. Arrived after midnight and when I got to pick up the car (a ford focus) it was clear it had been in various accidents. Both front wings were damaged, panel beneath passenger wing was missing, covered in scratches and dents, door seals on drivers side were hanging off, parcel shelf was damaged, the car was dirty and unbeknown to me at the time, the cigarette lighter didn't work so my sat nav died after 3 days.

I returned to main terminal to complain and the goldcar assistant (Sergio) couldn't care less. He was rude, didn't listen, talked over me, told me he knew what I was going to say etc etc. I did not want to drive a car in that condition but he refused to change it and maintained the car was mechanically sound. As it was the early hours I reluctantly took it and complained 3 times by email. Goldcar still haven't responded. I phoned after 3 days and the customer care advisor finally offered a replacement car to the heap of junk originally provided to me. However, they wanted me to drive back to alicante airport (45 mins away, with no functioning sat nav) to collect the replacement and fill it up with petrol! I requested a refund but they refused. Needless to say I didn't return.

On return to the UK I discovered that they charged me €30 to clean the car (sand in the boot apparently! Imagine going to a beach resort and getting some sand in the car). The price of the petrol refund was laughable especially given how much they actually charged me for a full tank (around €140!!!). They had also converted my bill to £ from € without an appropriate explanation and the exchange rate is in their favour.

I complained on return home but I've still not had any response from them. I am going to inform watchdog on bbc1 and complain to my credit card company. I'm also going to leave as many online reviews for goldcar as possible. If goldcar happen to read this, I'll save you the time and effort of a re-reply. My reservation number is 7116355

A  7th of Aug, 2014 by    0 Votes
Just checking my accounts for 2013. Paid Autoeurope 154€ for 10-day car hire from Faro last September. Turns out the actual cost of the hire was €448.91. We were charged €294.45 for the car at the airport and didn't even realise this was additional. We also did the queuing for 1.5hrs. What a rip-off! Don't hire with this company.

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree