Gmac Mortgage / fraud and scam
Gmac mortgage was helpful when I was trying to sell my home for the market value, which had dropped and was less than what I owed. They did so by a short sale, of which I have to pay them back since it was in 2006 before the cancellation of debt bill went into affect.
Two years later I receive a letter from the irs stating that I owe them $4, 000 in taxes from a "cancellation of debt" by gmac. After many letters and documentation from the closing, I was able to prove that I was paying back the amount and it was not a cancellation of debt. The irs letters were not very clear and I had to re-read the entire situation many times before understanding what they thought I owed money for. Most people have to hire a lawyer!
If I am just one person that gmac mortgage wrote off as a cancellation of debt for $14, 000, imagine 10, 000 other people @ $14, 000 for tax yr 06. That would equal 14, 000, 000 they tried to save by reporting losses incorrectly!
More Gmac Mortgage Complaints & Reviews
- Gmac - lien release 
- Defrauded By Gmac Loss Mitigation Department, Gmac Mortgage, 800 - 850 - 4622, 800 - 766 - 4622 - federal fraud 
- Gmac Now Ally Finance - repo'd truck 
- Gmac Mortgage - no customer service! 
- Gmac - repossession! 
- Gmac - title to car 
- Gmac Mortgage - late mortgage 
- Gmac Mortgage - mortgage fraud/ falsifying documents 
- Gmac / Ally - insurances/escrow /servicing
- Gmac / Alley - unjustified repo