Gmac Mortgage / fraud and scam

Gmac mortgage was helpful when I was trying to sell my home for the market value, which had dropped and was less than what I owed. They did so by a short sale, of which I have to pay them back since it was in 2006 before the cancellation of debt bill went into affect.

Two years later I receive a letter from the irs stating that I owe them $4, 000 in taxes from a "cancellation of debt" by gmac. After many letters and documentation from the closing, I was able to prove that I was paying back the amount and it was not a cancellation of debt. The irs letters were not very clear and I had to re-read the entire situation many times before understanding what they thought I owed money for. Most people have to hire a lawyer!

If I am just one person that gmac mortgage wrote off as a cancellation of debt for $14, 000, imagine 10, 000 other people @ $14, 000 for tax yr 06. That would equal 14, 000, 000 they tried to save by reporting losses incorrectly!

Va

Comments

• Ia
      3rd of Sep, 2009

THIS IS A SCAM THESE M**F**ERS *** TRESPASSED AFTER WATCHING MY HOME AND THEN LEFT A SLOPPY NOTE AT MY DOOR SAYING I WAS IN DEFAULT! ON MY MORTGAGE !!! I AM NOT ASSOCIATED WITH THESE SCAMMERS!! CALLED AND REPORT TO THE POLICE AND BBB