Global Tele Link / terrible price and service

OH, United States Review updated:

My family has 'had' to use Global Tele Link because we are held hostage since they are the ONLY CARRIER USED for Correctional Facilities. How convenient for them! We have to pay almost $6 for every 15 minute phone call... and for every $50 we pay, Global automatically takes $10 of it. Then if thats not bad enough, just try to call them... what a joke. As I read many many other complaints, I too have been hung up on sooo many times..and they say they cant call out... again how convenient for them! Then when you do get a person (try not to have a heartattack :-) they put you on hold FOREVERRR. Then just when you think they're going to say they have solved your issue...oh no... no no... you have to call another department (even though they're the same company). One thing I know they really like to do is credit the wrong account... oh yeah... then just try to get them to fix it... ha ha... boy its enough to make someone just rip their phone from the wall. I'm not stopping here... I am going to write our Governor because the price alone is just ludicrous and whose the criminal here... the person calling us or the person taking our money for the calls?? Think about it. Very unhappy with Global Tele Link!!

Comments

• Ve
      9th of Jul, 2008

This company has used my accts to charge cards for prison inmates that was not authorized by the card owner debit card #6623 and bank #8799.

• Cl
      10th of Jul, 2008

The complaints against Globel Telelink are well founded. I have experienced all the problems that have been laid out plus one more. This company can't keep its service running for more that a couple of days and then takes upward of a week to restore service. What are we paying for? Are the people in charge of the correctional facilities really this stupid, is there IQ'S really only equal to half a load of gravel. I know that to be true when it comes to the sheriff of lee county, fl.

27th of Aug, 2008

how to unregister from globaltelelink

• Ke
      30th of Aug, 2008

At first I thought this was a great idea, a prepaid account so I could keep in touch with my husband. I couldn't even begin to tell you how wrong I was. My husband has only been able to call me once, and then suddenly, without warning, global telelink placed a block on the collect calls. After one call! Then I was told when I called to find out why that suddenly my initial payment wasn't enough, and in order to take the block off I would need to make an additional payment. Are you kidding me?! So they went through the trouble of setting up the account and allowed the call to come through just to turn around and say they want more money? The customer service staff is also extremely unproffessional. To be placed on hold for long periods of time, and then to be hung up on??? I would have to agree with the person above who wrote who are the criminals? I am extremely dissatisfied and dissappointed in the service I have received global telelink, and writing to your local congressman or govenor I think is definately a step in the right direction!

• Li
      23rd of Sep, 2008

I put $25.00 on my account so my grandson could call me and when he did call, the computerized thief informed me I did not have any money in my pre-paid account and I had to put another $25.00 on my credit card for a 6 or 7 minute call. These people are from hell and anything I can do to get rid of them out of the prison system I will gladly do

3rd of Nov, 2008

The US goverment is so corrupt and incompetent, they are getting screwed and don't even know it. There are trying to buy there credibilty back and it's not gonna work. They keep selling out to the foreigners. Global Tell is scamming the American people and the Goverment is letting them get away with it! Send them back to India with there communication network and stupid idiotic Sales Reps. As long as we pay our bills each month there should be NO block put on our phones!!! You shouldn't have to go through Global tele as long as you have your own phone company... they should not even be involved with the American penal system. They are not even from this country!! Unless the American Goverment is scamming the American people too. We will report to the Better Business Bureau of America, and I suggest everyone else do the same. As being part of the American system, we should fight together to stop this monopoly! Also complain to the Depatment of Corrections in your State as well.

• So
      16th of Dec, 2008
    Global Tele Link - fraud
    Sood Bros
    New Jersey

Don't ever do business with Global tele link. It is fraud based company. They are charging the credit cards with out taking confirmation and not refunding even when you contact them., The Customer service is very very horrible..they are very harsh and rude on the phone. Be aware of this service and ever give your information to them. Last you cannot close your account with them if you one opened. It is a dangerous telecommunication service provider.

Thanks,
    Sanjay

• Fr
      26th of Mar, 2009

same thing here i like when they say we are to busy now but will call you in 2 hours i dont mean that to much but ever time she will say can you hold one min you no right there thatits time for them to hang up i payed my bill on time like ever month and they but a block on because it takes 10 days for your check to clear i think they make up rules why there talking to you the thing that gets me is you have to wait for the first of the month to get it back on if your lucke i live in ct and getting my state rep to look into this and when i told her i my a custmer for 4 years her answer was thats nice forget about a supivser because the lady said she will tell you the same thing and i am not being rude but the once i talked to cant ever speak engish that good after everthing she said i had to ask again how can they get away with this

• Fr
      26th of Mar, 2009

from the wind city this company needs for the each state to take a good hard look at busness because i thing there is more then just scamming us i belive they are scamming the states also for money they and the people working there belong in jail

• Ir
      8th of Apr, 2009

Global telelink really STINKS. their service ATTITUDE is very poor also. And while they are talking to you they try to INTIMIDATE you and try to make you feel that you are of a lower class of people. Have I got news for them at least we know HOW to talk to people. Our loved ones who are in the correctional facilities, where ever, are made to feel like they are of a lower class of people and this PHONE service tries to put all of US in the same catergory. WHO ever gave these individuals their contracts for phone service sure didn't want the hard working people, who pay their outlandish rates, an even break and could care LESS if any INMATE ever gets to talk to someone from home. I am 69 years young and love my grandson to death and would do whatever is necessary to hear from him and these people know this and take advantage of the situation. Oh! yes at my age I am still working so that I can pay for this added extra of hearing my grandson's voice.

Irene Johnson

• Do
      16th of May, 2009

hello i recently started using golbal tel link and i have had to resend money on my debt card, i thought something was funny when my friend called and i put 55.00 and it went from 55 to 35 after 1 call we talked for about 3 mins and got charged 10.70 for the 3 min. we need to try and do something about it my friend is in arkansas and the calls are 10.70 but they charge more than what they are suppost to charge. can someone let me know whom and where i need to maybe call and talk to someone if that does any good!

• Pa
      24th of Aug, 2009

This is totally rediculus. I don't know how many times I have been talking to my son and the call just be dropped. But you better bet Global Tele Link charges you for the entire call. I am disabled and can't even afford this so I scrape pennies just so I can hear my sons voice at least once a week. This is a total rip off and makes our government look like total IDIOTS. If they are so cautious about terrorists from other countries, then why the hell do they allow them to rip our country off in such stupid idiotic ways ?

• Mu
      27th of Aug, 2009

I agree that this company is corrupt. I can't even contact my husband. I've only been able to speak to him ONE time for ONE MINUTE, and they won't accept my debit card as payment, though it has hundreds of dollars on it. The US should do better for its citizens.

• Ra
      18th of Nov, 2009

I agree with him.
    In the past they never charged my credit card without getting my approval but in last two months they have been charging my credit card without my approval.

• Kh
      14th of Aug, 2010
    Global Tele Link - fraud & liers
    Global Tele LInk
    INDIA----Chicago----Georgia
    Maryland
    Phone: 1-800-205-8161

Company representative keep calling me, and after his too many calls, i purchased International calling card with a deal of 101 minutes in 10 dollars and he said with in week of first use another 80 minutes add in my account. But nothing comes in and I just give a miss call to other country and 20 minutes deduct from my account. and when I call and complain them, their Manager told me that we look into that and call you back with in 24 hours and now its more then 2 months nobody call me to resolve that issue but other representatives keep calling me to add more minutes and when i told them that this thing happened then they said we report and call u back but nobody called and every time new person call me to add more minutes.
    And daily I they called me on both my cell and landline no 5 and 6 times.
    And they keep calling and now we are so upset to receive their calls, my life is so disturb because of them. they keep calling 6 to 7 times a day.
    please help me to get rid of these stupid people. and tell me where i can report of these liers and prank calls that disturb my family daily.????