Gexa Energy / Outragious Rate Hikes

Gexa Energy
I've had enough. I'm fighting back. www.gexa-gouges.com

All I want is a business that does their job, charges a fair and competitive price, and does not have to be watch dogged to make sure they are not setting up and exploiting you.

I got gouged by them as well - over $0.21 per KWH last month when natural gas was at a 5 year low! I had a month to month plan expecting gas prices to drop (which they did big time) and electricity to follow. Gas did, Gexa Energy did not! There resoning - "You should have signed up for a fixed rate term contract". let's see... why would they be pushing me toward a fixed contract at a time when prices are freefalling? I'll bet it has something to do with future profits. Do you think? Last December my bill was $493. This year $1005 and last year I used MORE electricity!

They are perfectly willing to setup and exploit their customers. After many calls I've decided the only way to combat a predatory retail organization is through consumer activisim. I've documented my position at www.gexa-gouges.com

A  2nd of Mar, 2009 by
They did the same thing with me. They nearly doubled my electricity rate...during a time when energy supply is up and demand is down. You don't see my cable, cell phone, or water bill double in one billing cycle do you? This is a downright dishonest business practice and should be outlawed. Needless to say, I dropped them like a bad habit...and if the next company tries something similar, I'll drop them too. If enough people do this, maybe these companies will get a freakin' clue. As for GEXA, they just went from making an "honest" $150 per month to $0 per month...and I will NEVER due business with them again. So it's a double whammy to them. From now on, GEXA gets no money from me...but instead, but their competitor now is!

Gexa Energy Logo Gexa Energy