Gexa Energy / Fraud and cheating

Gexa Energy
We were referred to Gexa by a friend who thought they were wonderful. When we signed up with them in June or July of 05 we asked for automatic bill deduction. We were told no problem, as for today August 06 so bills were late and we were even shut off a time or two.

My biggest complaint comes from the fact that they estimated our bill for a year then slapped us with a THREE THOUSAND DOLLAR PLUS bill for the make up. We called and at first their story was that TXU had estimated it for a year so they didn't know until their bill came in. So we called TXU and they said in their policy that they can't estimate a bill for more than six months. So we were lied to and almost disconnected because we did not have three thousand dollars to pay. We ended up having it broken up into four payments of almost a thousand dollars each month which is KILLING us as we have a new baby. To this day we have fighting them about late fees and such because we are doing payments instead of paying all that right away. We also still get disconnection notices and have to call about them each month. I have never had such a problem with ANY company. We had to skip a house payment over this.

A  19th of Feb, 2009 by
I am an affected customer, and an attorney, and am speaking with law firms who handle class actions. I have reason to believe their price increases were unlawful. Please let me know if you're interested in getting involved. gexacase@yahoo.com

Gexa Energy Logo Gexa Energy