Gexa Energy / Over charging/cancel agreements

GEXA ENERGY is a very poor company and the customer service staff are robots trained to repeat the same information. Unfortunately the main goal of Gexa is to bilch you out of as much as possible. After making an agreement for a payment plan a representative called to tell me it was all off and the plan should not have been made. What poor business practices. If you make a mistake you eat it. The first customer service rep. I talked too was not knowledgeable and left me on the line for an infinite number of minutes while I was waiting for a supervisor who never got on the line. I hung up. Called back got another rep. male this time nicer but still a robot.

Gexa was at fault but one can tell these drones sit in a booth with a computer screen repeating what they are programmed to say regardless of the situation. NO PERSONAL SERVICE AVAILABLE HERE!

Gexa comes on with an offer of low kilowatt hours but goes up immediately. BEWARE!

After being with Gexa 4 years I am actively seeking another company who at least has some real human beings on the other side of the phone. I do plan to report all details to the better Business Bureau as well as rhe Public Utilities Comission [protected].

I can't go into all the details of my dissatisfaction but GEXA IS A PUBLIC UTILITY NIGHTMARE! The business practices are so poor its incredible!

Gexa Corporate Office
20 Greenway Plaza, Suite 600
Houston, Texas 77046

I wonder if corporate really understands what their customers experience. I doubt it and I will see if they really care. I doubt it. Just another GREEDY CORPORATION like the MADoff's of the world.

Don't bother to call customer service. You'll see if you call they all repeat the same script.

It's a shame all these power companies and customers still are victims of a system that fails to monitor these utility crooks!

STAY AWAY FROM GEXA! You've been warned they are deathly!

Sh

Comments

• Ri
      13th of Jan, 2009

I got gouged by them as well - over $0.21 per KWH last month when natural gas was at a 5 year low! I had a month to month plan expecting gas prices to drop (which they did big time) and electricity to follow. Gas did, Gexa Energy did not! There resoning - "You should have signed up for a fixed rate term contract". let's see... why would they be pushing me toward a fixed contract at a time when prices are freefalling? I'll bet it has something to do with future profits. Do you think? Last December my bill was $493. This year $1005 and last year I used MORE electricity!

They are perfectly willing to setup and exploit their customers. After many calls I've decided the only way to combat a predatory retail organization is through consumer activisim. I've documented my position at www.gexa-gouges.com

• Al
      12th of Feb, 2009

So I'm not alone in being part of the Gexa "Robbery with Silence" marketing program courtesy of the offices of the Gexa Gougers
    I would like to join Rich in his attempts at Consumer Activism, but the 'e'mail address on www.gexa-gouges.com doesn't seem to function.
    One thing his site taught me was that Gexas had changed the
    "Offering" code seven (7) times on my bills!! I have never received any offers other than the original in July 2006. This may not amount to fraud, but it certainly sounds very deceptive.
    I am also curious if they can justify their vast price discrimination, an area worth pursuing.
    Sassenach

• Ge
      19th of Feb, 2009

I am an affected customer, and an attorney, and am speaking with law firms who handle class actions. I have reason to believe their price increases were unlawful. Please let me know if you're interested in getting involved. gexacase@yahoo.com