Gexa Energy / Poor service!

1 2220 Village Circle Apt. 1228Bedford, TX, United States Review updated:

Gexa Energy is a horrible electric company. I have been with them for over a year and I have had to argue with them constantly about my bills the entire time. It started with switching my service from one apartment to another. I received a bill at my new apartment 4 months after moving out of my old apartment stating that I owed $150 from my last apartment. I called their customer service and spoke with a representative who told me that my last bill was paid in full and I did have anything that was past due. 2 months later I get another bill stating that my electricity service would be disconnected for past due payments. I spent 2 hours on the phone with a representative that was rude, condescending and unwilling to research my conversation with the representative that told me I had paid my last apartment in full. I asked to speak with a supervisor and was told that one was not available. I advised the representative that I would wait. That person put me on hold for about 10 minutes and said that there were no supervisors there and all he could do was forward me to an escalation que. I was told that a supervisor would call me back in 24 to 48 hours. I argued that there had to be someone there to talk to me right now and was told "Yeah, but they won't talk to you, you just have to wait". I finally received a call from a supervisor the next day and had to recount my whole situation because the previous representative hadn't bothered to enter any notes into the system. I advised the supervisor that I was told that I didn't owe anything on my past bill per one of their representatives. Apparently that rep didn't enter any notes either of her advising me that I didn't owe anything. After spending another hour on the phone with the supervisor she finally agreed to go back and listen to the taped conversation of the calls. 2 days later I get a call back from her advising that I was told by their representative that I didn't owe anything and all that the supervisor offered to me was a payment deferment plan. I was told when they deferment payments were due. I paid each one on time except for the last which I made up the next month. 3 months later I am now being told that I never paid my deferments on time and they don't have the notes showing what I had been told by the supervisor. The representative that I talked to today just said "oh, it looks like they just didn't bill you for it" After arguing with her for an hour, I got no resolution. She kept repeating when my bills were due and never directly answered my questions.
Their billing practices are so confusing and shady, they are criminal. They are so ridiculously confusing that everytime I call in, it takes a representative at least 20 - 30 minutes to decipher them..and they work there!!! How are they allowed to just randomly add charges to a bill that they say I owe from 6 months prior and then not be able to explain to me why. Every representative I speak to tells me something different and there is no accountability for the things that they tell their customers. How is this company allowed to do business this way. There should be some kind of class action lawsuit against this company for their shady and illegal billing practices.

I will tell everyone I know to stay away from Gexa Energy because if their own employees can't figure out their billing, how is a regular customer supposed to decipher them?

Ja

Comments

• Er
      10th of Oct, 2007

Do NOT use this company as your electric provider, the customer service representatives are untrained and give out false information, each person you talk to says something different and they treat their customers like they are idiots! My service was disconnected because of a charge that I had already been told many times before was a mistake on their part, and they did nothing about it! My 9 month old son and I were out of our house, with no where to go for almost a week before we could pay the so called owed balance! Ridiculous, all they could say was "Sorry for the inconvenience!" What a crook!

• Vi
      18th of Aug, 2008

They are crooks, no doubt in my mind.